Did you mean: 

Citi american executive card

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi american executive card

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Got approved for the Palladium this morning and applied for this card immediately after.

Approved for 25k. 

Amazing!  Congrats on your two awesome approvals!  So jealous.

thanks!

I got declined for SP CLIs with Discover and WF on the other hand....WF cited low banking account balances as #1 reason. Discover told me to wait for the letter. The CSR said there's not even an option for her to proceed to a HP CLI request even if I wanted to.........

gonna give my CRs a long break once I'm done with my Amex CLI request. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 91 of 109
newUser0
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Got approved for the Palladium this morning and applied for this card immediately after.

Approved for 25k. 

Amazing!  Congrats on your two awesome approvals!  So jealous.

+1

Message 92 of 109
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats enharu! Very nice limit, was it instant or did you have to call in?
Message 93 of 109
dilettante
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Approved for 25k. 

Woohoo! Congrats!!! Are you going to ask them to send the plastic version as well? I think it's quite nice and a great backup if you tire of comments on the PD.  Looks like you'll be getting lots of new toys in the next few days from UPS since both cards usually come in a few days.  Have fun with your new cards!

Message 94 of 109
dilettante
Established Contributor

@enharu:

Forgot to add, saw your PD limit, wow what a start! If they waived the fee, I'll be so jealous, but happy for you.

Message 95 of 109
red259
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Approved for 25k. 

Wow. Nice approval. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 96 of 109
red259
Super Contributor

Just to update the thread I pulled the trigger on this card app today and was approved with a credit line of 11k. Now I am going back into the garden and staying there until August when the bonuses on the ink card come out. My understanding is that your first citi card tends to be lower credit lines. Does citi do auto CLIs? I'm unlikely to keep this card after the first year, but I will want to pick up other citi cards in the future. Will I be able to transfer my credit line over to other citi cards (ie the hilton card)?

;
Message 97 of 109
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats! Citi does auto CLIs, and you may also be eligible for sp CLIs. However you cannot consolidate credit lines for citi cards. They used to be able to do it but they changed their policies sometime late last year. Citi is very good with retention bonuses though. If you spend a considerable amount on the card, you can easily get them to waive the AF, and/or include miles bonuses, spending category bonuses, etc. Sometimes the miles retention bonus alone is worth keeping the card open even if you have to pay the AF.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 98 of 109
red259
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Grats! Citi does auto CLIs, and you may also be eligible for sp CLIs. However you cannot consolidate credit lines for citi cards. They used to be able to do it but they changed their policies sometime late last year. Citi is very good with retention bonuses though. If you spend a considerable amount on the card, you can easily get them to waive the AF, and/or include miles bonuses, spending category bonuses, etc. Sometimes the miles retention bonus alone is worth keeping the card open even if you have to pay the AF.

Thanks! Any idea what type of retention offers they may make on a card like the american executive?

;
Message 99 of 109
enharu
Super Contributor

It varies. FT has a pretty extensive thread on different offers that people had gotten. It really depends on the amount of spend you out on the card and your internal score. The more you spend and the higher your score, the better offer you are going to get. Its also worthwhile to spend 40k on that card if you need American Airlines elite miles for status.

Message 100 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.