tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi american executive card

@B335is wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Can we please stay on topic?  

Thank you!

Lexie, I was just giving OP an idea for minimum spend since that was their concern about applying. Apologies. 

I was not singling you out.  The depiction of Walmart and the areas they serve was going on too long. 

Message 41 of 109
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Can we please stay on topic?  

Thank you!

Lexie, I was just giving OP an idea for minimum spend since that was their concern about applying. Apologies. 

I was not singling you out.  The depiction of Walmart and the areas they serve was going on too long. 

Apologies here too.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 42 of 109
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Red, I guess if you're really struggling with how to meet minimum spend maybe reconsider even going for the card at all?
Message 43 of 109
enharu
Super Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Another option would be to add money to Bluebird at a Walmart money center.

True, although some of us do not have access to Walmart. 

not sure how the walmarts are over in your area, but they are extremely ghetto in LA area. The lines are horribly long and slow too. For that amount of time I will be spending there and also including other misc. costs as such gas, I pretty much rather invest an extra hour or two at work. 

LOL I know exactly i you mean!  I was at Wal-Mart in near South Central area (Crenshaw) and it literally blew my mind as i thought i was in another world....Got the total stare from everyone the whole time...pretty scared actually.

oh my god that's the branch I went to! That was the first and last Walmart branch I've been to in Socal area. I also went to Walmart in Palo Alto area once, and it was much better, but that's probably because the area consists of mostly affluent people and stanford students. But yea, I would avoid going into any Walmart in LA area at any cost. Even with the police officers that are constantly outside the store, I still felt like I was going to be robbed at any moment.

back to topic:

After giving it some thought, I couldn't wait and dropped by Chase. My banker helped me fill up most of the form itself, and faxed the app for processing. Standard processing time is 5-7 days according to some Chase office that she called, but hopefully I will hear back sooner. The app form seems to be very similar to the form that is already leaked on the internet. Not too sure on the exact document numbers though. I think anyone can just fill in the form and fax it in, though you will need a CPC banker to fill in his validation codes and information as well.

Once this is done I will app for the AA card immediately. Hopefully the offer is still available by next week...........

To add: Sorry Lexie! Smiley Tongue I'll keep it on topic now.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 44 of 109
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

not sure how the walmarts are over in your area, but they are extremely ghetto in LA area. The lines are horribly long and slow too. For that amount of time I will be spending there and also including other misc. costs as such gas, I pretty much rather invest an extra hour or two at work. 

LOL I know exactly i you mean!  I was at Wal-Mart in near South Central area (Crenshaw) and it literally blew my mind as i thought i was in another world....Got the total stare from everyone the whole time...pretty scared actually.

oh my god that's the branch I went to! That was the first and last Walmart branch I've been to in Socal area. I also went to Walmart in Palo Alto area once, and it was much better, but that's probably because the area consists of mostly affluent people and stanford students. But yea, I would avoid going into any Walmart in LA area at any cost. Even with the police officers that are constantly outside the store, I still felt like I was going to be robbed at any moment.

back to topic:

After giving it some thought, I couldn't wait and dropped by Chase. My banker helped me fill up most of the form itself, and faxed the app for processing. Standard processing time is 5-7 days according to some Chase office that she called, but hopefully I will hear back sooner. The app form seems to be very similar to the form that is already leaked on the internet. Not too sure on the exact document numbers though. I think anyone can just fill in the form and fax it in, though you will need a CPC banker to fill in his validation codes and information as well.

Once this is done I will app for the AA card immediately. Hopefully the offer is still available by next week...........

Well, peopleofwalmart.com is well-known for a reason. The one in Palo Alto is different from the others I've been to. One time we were early for a Warrior's game in Oakland, and decided to stop by Walmart to kill time. To make a long story short, we almost got mugged by Snoop Dogg in the parking lot. That was the last time we went there.

The 100k Citi AA offer should be available until March 31st. I usually hate applying for new cards (especially for the signup bonus), but I figured I'd give it a try this time. I wouldn't worry too much about it expiring. You still have quite a bit of time left.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 45 of 109
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Well, peopleofwalmart.com is well-known for a reason. The one in Palo Alto is different from the others I've been to. One time we were early for a Warrior's game in Oakland, and decided to stop by Walmart to kill time. To make a long story short, we almost got mugged by Snoop Dogg in the parking lot. That was the last time we went there.

The 100k Citi AA offer should be available until March 31st. I usually hate applying for new cards (especially for the signup bonus), but I figured I'd give it a try this time. I wouldn't worry too much about it expiring. You still have quite a bit of time left.

Thanks for reminding me about that site! Havent' been to that site since I was in college lol...

So did you apply for the AA card yet? Let us know about the outcome after you apply! 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 46 of 109
red259
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

We don't have them in the city. Political thing. The ones in CT are nice suburban ones. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 47 of 109
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

back to topic:

How do you know this? Is it listed somewhere or does citi have a habit of letting their offers run for a set period of time?

;
Message 48 of 109
red259
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Red, I guess if you're really struggling with how to meet minimum spend maybe reconsider even going for the card at all?

I would hate to pass up an offer like this, especially since it would be directly useful for my future plans. Meeting min spend is not a problem per se, the problem is a lot of the things I have to pay do not take credit cards directly. Its not a situation of making up spend for the sake of it.  

;
Message 49 of 109
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I would hate to pass up an offer like this, especially since it would be directly useful for my future plans. Meeting min spend is not a problem per se, the problem is a lot of the things I have to pay do not take credit cards directly. Its not a situation of making up spend for the sake of it.  

There are also other promos that has lesser minimum spends requirements, but for only 65-75k miles.

Meeting the minimum spend isn't too hard for myself, since I have to entertain clients and often end up paying the tab for most of their expenses while they're in the states. 

Prepaid cards are a lot more common and can be bought using CCs at a lot of grocery stores, but becareful about not being able to convert them back into cash equivalents or loading them onto bluebird though. Some have reported that certain Walmarts are now clamping down on this. Even though the system would allow them to load a BB or purchase a money order using a prepaid card, some store managers are not allowing it. 

Message 50 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.