Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi and Annual Fee

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Citi and Annual Fee

Basically, just a whine...

I called in early May to cancel my Citi Premier, before the AF was due.  After retention discussion, I agreed to downgrade to a Dividend, and was told, several times, that I wouldn't have to pay the Premier AF as it would be automatically credited back.  Of course, it appeared on my statement, and I was told I would have to pay it, but it would be fully credited once the conversion was complete, on June 20

Yesterday, a credit of $114.XX appears.  A quick calculation shows that this is about 11/12 of the AF, being charged for the period between May 12th and June 20th, when it was Citi that wasn't doing the conversion!    I didn't want to spend even more time trying to save $11, and was considering cancelling all my cards (except the 5x Forward!) But after one more email, they said "As a courtesy" they will credit my account with the rest.

That still sort of annoys me, as I think it more of an obligation than a courtesy, but now they have given the money, even less inclination to waste time.  Other than posting here!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.