Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi and EX Freeze

tag
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Citi and EX Freeze

Went on an app spree and applied for a Citi AMEX. However, I put EX on ice last week and just received an email from Citi asking me to remove the freeze off EX so they can pull my report. Has anyone had luck with having Citi pull TU or EQ when EX was frozen? I don't have baddies on EX, just too many inquiries.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi and EX Freeze

Too many inquires, like what kind? how long ago were those inquires?
Message 2 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Too embarassed to say but it's a lot. I applied for credit left and right when I until I learned the consequences of applying for too much credit. Half of them are supposed to fall off within the next couple months and the other half are about a year old.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have tried multiple times to get Citi to pull a bureau other than EX without success. I have talked to the CSR's and they have told me they have no way of overriding the computer if it wants to pull a certain bureau for my zip. I tried using a different zip on my application, one that I knew resulted in an EQ pull for others and it still didn't work. I think it uses the address on your credit report as the default. Good luck.
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

when I applied for Myspace citi card my EX was frozen and they automatically pulled EQ
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
when I applied for Myspace citi card my EX was frozen and they automatically pulled EQ

How do you know they pulled EQ in lieu of EX? Could it be that the EQ pull was their first choice?

I have tried many different CITI cards thinking that the product may dictate the bureau pulled rather than my area. I've had no success. Even Amex will pull a bureau other than EX for with some prompting. No such luck with Citi with their personal or biz cards.

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well i guess i don't know for sure but thought citi was pretty consistent like amex to pull EX and everyone before me that applied for the card had EX pull
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
well i guess i don't know for sure but thought citi was pretty consistent like amex to pull EX and everyone before me that applied for the card had EX pull

I have a friend who is a Citi CSR and she told me that the bureau pulled hinges on your region/zip code. She is the one that suggested I use a different zip when I submit an app online and see if that would work. I used a zip from a state that Citi primarily pulls EQ in and it didn't work. I think they use the zip on record on the credit bureau report rather than your app. I am just speculating though. I do know that unlike Amex, Citi is not an across-the-board EX puller at this time. It seems most major issuers shuffle up who they pull eventually so I will be patient.

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well they wouldn't know the zip code on your credit until they pull your credit
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
well they wouldn't know the zip code on your credit until they pull your credit

good point

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.