Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi app...denied....

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Citi app...denied....

I wa just wondering if its worth a recon or if i shoud just let it go.......score was 694......denied because of BK from 2005 and major cl's too high on one card.....BT  from Barclays......about 50%

should i bother?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi app...denied....

Well you took the "hit", so you might as well give them a call.. They are not that good with re-cons.

I would call... Good luck!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 6
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Between the BK and the high util., I don't think you really have a chance...but if you really want the card, it can't hurt (as long as you make sure they don't pull your credit again).

Message 3 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

It's hard to justify hard util, I tried with chase in february to no avail. But you did take the HP already, I would recon and see if you get a break.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

If you really want a Citi product, just get a secured card.  I did that when they turned me down for a reg card.  I gave them 2k and in 18 months will unseucre then can do a PC to the card I want.

If you go that route make sure you put down enough of a deposit to get the card you want to PC charge to.

Message 5 of 6
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

If you really want a Citi product, just get a secured card.  I did that when they turned me down for a reg card.  I gave them 2k and in 18 months will unseucre then can do a PC to the card I want.

If you go that route make sure you put down enough of a deposit to get the card you want to PC charge to.

thanks Andy...

i  not want citi that badly.....i can wait in garden mode till then.......in 2 years ill be able to apply and hopefully get it if i keep clean...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.