Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi app spree 1 for 2 with pending

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Citi app spree 1 for 2 with pending

@lg8302ch wrote:
congrats on the approval and sorry for this auto denial...they could warn somewhere that they only accept 1 app in 60 days so we would know up front what to expect. I would fight to the bitter end to either approval or removal of the 2nd pull. wonder if it is mentioned in the t&c somewhere..we all know we do not read?

It's not in there, I always print out screen shot of completed application, landing page, all linked items like T&C. You should see my binder with tabs and applications Smiley Wink I even read them as to how the bonus is awarded (but skip most of the boring stuff). I do see me pushing quite hard over this, I never thought of asking to have one HP removed. Thanks for the angle as that would make me a bit happier. 

Message 21 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I wish you good luck and would be curious to know what happens if you do the shopping cart trick with an AA air ticket? I got my card with 6 inq on EX in 4 months and was expecting a straight denial but due to the nice sign up bonus and the 100$ off my flight went for the gamble and what a shock...approval for 17k my highest CL. It surprised me to see that pre-approval with my recent app spree. lenders are a mystery to me! Discover 2,5k with 3 inq on EQ and Citi 17k with 6 inq on EX...all within 2 months..
assume that is the result from auto app vs manual review. so maybe I need to expect a CLD from Citi soon when they look at my report manually.
Message 22 of 25
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

@Anonymous the Citi Response Unit @ 1 (718) 248-6433. Explain your situation to whoever picks up & they will transfer you to their EO which then someone will be personally assigned to you. Their frontline CSR's, Twitter account, etc. are no help & the, "backdoor," numbers for Citi posted in the backdoor number thread are not really backdoor. The people in their retention department read scrips too. This method worked for me.

I was not in the same situation as you but I recently applied for their Diamond Preferred & was instantly denied. The lady at the EO who was assigned to me was able to overturn the decision without an additional HP & got me approved.

Citi = Annoying.

No luck with the number you provided. It never rang - just endless silence until I hung up. Like it's not connecting or something. 

I officially give up. I will add them to the queue for next batch of applications in a few months. I would really like the AA card so I can earn and fly but Delta is getting my business and spend for a while longer. 

Message 23 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry about not getting through.

I have to agree with GMC....

Citi=. annoying
Message 24 of 25
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Just an update on this old thread.

Actually remembered all this last night after reading and replying to another member's post. I decided to do a new app for the AA VIsa with 40K mile bonus. It was well over 90 days from my denial. I got an instant approval for the card with a CL of $11.5K. Higher than my other CIti Hilton card by a bit. Don't know my exact FICO numbers as I did the triple pull here on MyFico when EX was made available. EX and EQ were mid 750's and TU was 715 last week. I did get an Ink Plus earlier this week and that was a double pull on EX and EQ. The AA card seems to be a single HP on EX. Seems like Citi prefers you wait a while before you get a second card, or that worked for me.

Now I have to wait for my US Air FF account to merge with my AA FF account then plan a nice trip somewhere to burn up all these bonus miles. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.