Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi autopay fail

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Citi autopay fail

I've had Citi CCs since early this year, pulling payments from a Chase checking account. I also had autopay set up, but generally paid statement balances manually before the autopay kicked in. A few times the autopay did kick in, so I'd definitely set it up correctly.

A few weeks ago, I added a Citi checking account for their $400 promo. When they moved me from a CC-only login to a "full Citi" login (which, in itself, was quite a headache), they lost all records of my from-Chase-checking autopay settings. Fortunately, I was just paying some bills manually before a bit of travel (just in case) when I saw Citi had no record of the autopay settings, or the Chase account from which to "pull".

Just a reminder that in 2016, autopay can still fail.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi autopay fail

Citi's website has never been top of the line, for sure --- I'm surprised to hear they changed your website around when you upgraded from CC to CC and banking. I would think it would be the same, though I never banked with them.

Their website has always been kind of glitchy so the autopay fail doesn't suprise me much sadly.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see Autopay as a backup not a primary.  Like those automatic braking systems appearing on cars now. Sure, it will stop the car, but I would not want to count on it for day to day driving. 

I do my payments way ahead of the due date. Autopay is for if I get hit by a truck and am in a coma for week sand cant pay. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had problems with Auto Pay on anything except through Kaiser (healthcare). Talk about a pain in the butt! But it was because they were changing systems.. That's life..
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.