cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi available credit still not available?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi available credit still not available?

Hi! I'm very confused on a payment I made to my citi DC card. I made a payment to pay in full almost 2 weeks ago to my Citi card and the balance still hasn't updated?

They received the payment and yet my balance still isn't available. I called citi and they told me it would be available yesterday but it still isnt. Is this normal with citi?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi available credit still not available?

Is your account new?  I noticed the same thing when I got a couple of new Citi cards in the past 6 months.  For the first few billing cycles & payments, it seemed to take a really long time for available credit to update after payments posted.

So, to answer your question, this is probably normal for Citi, but it will probably get better after a few billing cycles.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How large a payment? Was this a check, a push from your bank's bill pay, a pull that citi did from their site to your bank or a citi transfer?
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont know, i think my payments always updated the available credit since i got the card. Not sure if this is normal but one of the best things i like is almost instant update once you make a payment.
Message 4 of 10
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi! I'm very confused on a payment I made to my citi DC card. I made a payment to pay in full almost 2 weeks ago to my Citi card and the balance still hasn't updated?

They received the payment and yet my balance still isn't available. I called citi and they told me it would be available yesterday but it still isnt. Is this normal with citi?

The same thing happens to me with my American Airlines card.  It takes at least 10 days for available credit balance to be updated.  My account is new (opened Dec 2016) so I expect until they are satisfied that the payments won't be returned for non-payment that the balance isn't released.  Hopefully it will change in the next few months,  Good Luck!!

Message 5 of 10
empiror22
Regular Contributor

I recently got a prestige card about 1 month ago, I too have the same lack of payment adding to my available credit. I assume this is because of being new to Citi bank.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said this is likely because you are new to Citibank. Citibank makes my credit available again immediately after making a payment. 

Message 7 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I push all my CC payments using NFCU Bill Pay and they all update the next day. Like water88 asked, it may the manner of payment.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very strange. I have several accounts with Citi and my available credit updates immediately. I am referring to the legacy side, not retail of course
Message 9 of 10
smile90000
New Contributor

This happened with me when I first got Citi. It drove me so so so crazy. It should improve over time. Now when I make a payment it is available immediately. I think you just have to have a little history with them. Just be a little patient. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.