Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi bt offer

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi bt offer

Thanks Joe, Wade and PoseidanSmiley Happy

Iblitz, nice, its a nice offer to be sure. Ive learned when doing bts i much prefer having it deposited to my account much easier faster and for a coo coo like me makes me feel like im actually paying off the orher cards even though we are just transfering and paying down lol. Right now Boa has my bt love.
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, AJC, on your increase! Nice little surprise there! You're moving on up! Hopefully the next one is a little more substantial, so you can actually use one of their offers.that have been bombarding your mailbox. I'm happy to see that you are continuing to get increases, especially from this last one (a Discover increase has to be right around the corner). Enjoy the extra spending power, my friend!  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you my friendSmiley Happy. This one really was out of the blue. Perhaps now they see i have a Discover and have some competion for my baby spend, perhaps they felt it was time. Im tempted to hit the sp button again but i have gotten so many letters about hitting my limit i think ill just enjoy this for now. Who knows maybe in March when i have my 1 year theyll loosen the button abit. Its just great to see a bankcard going up so ill take it and run lol.

Im not sure if i should post this in approvals for data points but if someone would like me to i will. I honestly was just curious on everyones experience with Citi and their bts so if you wanna shsre hete please feel free. It is afterall Siti Sunday lol :₩
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @AJC,  As coo coo as it may soundSmiley Happy, I feel the same way when paying from the bank versus direct transfers to the creditor.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I'm late to the party, but just wanted to formally congratulate you AJC! Someday, our DCs might grow up!

Message 15 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks NoxqsSmiley Happy... My Dc took its very first step lol!. Didnt get very far, maybe 6 paces, but progress my dear Watson, progressSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just a curious thought, if one were to do a Bt with Citi, how long does it take to get the money deposited to your checking. I notice i now have 2 offers, 1 for 0% 18 months( july 2018) and 1 for 1.99% at 24 months until jan 2019.

Does anyone think doing a quick bt and paying it off fast a good way to create some extra history with the card or sm i completely off my rocker? Smiley Wink Just wandering if thatd a way to maybe help them perhaps up my limit faster or is it grasping at straws blown into the air by a tornado? Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Unless you need it, I'd skip the BTs my friend. You're building history with Citi by just using the card and paying it monthly. Never done a BT with Citi. I'd say maybe two days tops for it to show in your account. I used my Citi to open a CU checking account and swiped it for $2500. It cleared within two days. No transfer fees..Just cold hard cash.
Message 18 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol Irish, i guess im bored tonight. For no apparent reason i went over to my Citi account just to see if a $20 charge posted and to my complete and utter shock/ amusement, they apparently decided to give me an auto $600 increase lolSmiley Happy.

And yup, my Bt offer is now there with option to direct deposit. I guess they just need a little history again to warm up to me ( previously included in bk7 10 years ago. Looks like i wont have to change my name afterallSmiley Happy

How on earth did I miss this before?  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

I'm late to the party, but in any case congrats, my friend!  I know what it's like to have to fight and claw your way back, and you're doing a commendable job!

Like you I included Citi in BK years ago, and slowly but surely they're coming around again.  They can be quirky (IMO) but back in the day they were quite solid for me, and like you I'm working my way back up with them as well!

Again, huge congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Gmood1. Yeah i was just curious. I have to be careful to not fall into BT trap s. If you become addicted to doing them could create a bad credit habit instead of just concentrating on paying off ones cards.

Lol, Uncle B. ThanksSmiley Happy. No worries, ive seen where on any given night there can be a mad rush at posting and sometimes a post may get pushed to page 2 real quick haha. Often in the moment we get upset that we are getting nothing, im guilty as well Smiley Wink , but after you get it and look at the actual time it took to get it its really not so bad. Sometimes we just have to earn our way up. 9 months and i DID get something from Citi so i am on the right path. Great day to everyoneSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.