Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi, capital one, of another chase

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi, capital one, of another chase

Well inquiries lose most of their impact after 6 months, then lose all their impact at a year, but stay on your report for two years.

Since you have few inquiries and the only thing weighing your score down is utilization (which even isn't that bad, but mixed with a relatively young AAoA), you should be okay to app for almost anything you like!
Message 11 of 18
lonno925
Established Member

While I have looked at salliemae  I refuse to get it on principle. I have had nothing but trouble with them for my student loans so I won't go with salliemae Mae. 

AE store-3600 | Local Bank-5000 | BofA Travel-7000 | Discover IT- 8000 |Chase Freedom-3000 | Chase Slate - 1000 | Amex Blue Cash - 2000
Message 12 of 18
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Its actually a Barclay card. Only thing SM about it is you can choose to apply your cash back to your loan (not required). 

Message 13 of 18
lonno925
Established Member

Now here might be a dumb question would it be beneficial to app for two? If I did that I would go for slate and another. As I couldn't spend for the bonuses of 2 cards at the moment. Just a thought. Idk what I want to do. I'm a bit impatient on some of the cards I want in the end I think. 

AE store-3600 | Local Bank-5000 | BofA Travel-7000 | Discover IT- 8000 |Chase Freedom-3000 | Chase Slate - 1000 | Amex Blue Cash - 2000
Message 14 of 18
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Amex ED (the clear one) also has 12 mos @ 0%, but benefits are MR points, not cash back. 

Message 15 of 18
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I probably would get the slate for BT and the rewards card I wanted.

Message 16 of 18
lonno925
Established Member

I'm just curious which are better? I luv my ur points and once I get the csp I will be traveling. With them. Mr points enticed me also. (It looks like you get more bang for a point other than cash back if you travel)

Message 17 of 18
lonno925
Established Member

My friends I love you all. So I pulled the trigger. And I have some good and some bad news. So we start with the good news. 

I got 2 new cards. 

A new chase slate and a new amex blue cash (the older one?) 

the bad news. 

The chasee slate only gave me 1000 dollar limit. Smiley Sad should I call tonight or tomorrow to recon for more? If anything I can take some from my freedom because I need the transfer. 

Also so I don't know how much for my amex. 

But i I thank you all as I wouldn't be on this path without this great community. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.