Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card - Best of the best

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi card - Best of the best

I started out with 500 CL 6 mos ago, now I had 8K CL on it. Citi got to be BEST of the BEST ccc to date. Also they've never shot down my request for CLI. I'm in love with Citi nowSmiley TongueSmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi card - Best of the best

Do you know if Citi did a hard or soft pull when you asked for the CLI?  Have no intention of asking for at least 6 months (too many INQ right now) maybe even a year...
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

builder wrote:
I started out with 500 CL 6 mos ago, now I had 8K CL on it. Citi got to be BEST of the BEST ccc to date. Also they've never shot down my request for CLI. I'm in love with Citi nowSmiley TongueSmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue 

those are some serious increases, very cool. did you have a system like double every 30 days or something? i'm also curios if they were hard or soft. i see online where there is a cli dropdown, but it's not highlighted like the other options. i assume this means i haven't had the card long enough (1 1/2 - 2 months now), how long did you wait to get a cli? sorry for all the questions and tell me butt out if i'm getting too nosey.

thanks
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats builder! Verryyyyyy niceeeee! What kind of FICO scores do you have. Those ARE very healthy cli's. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

wtg!! which card did you start out with?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

builder, I agree..citi rocks!!  They give generous credit limits and have great customer service.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Builder...if you don't mind me asking what were your scores at time of CLI? And also did you have very high balances? They started me off w/$1200 CL w/648 EQ Fico and have increased me to $3,500 CL within 3 1/2 mths.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

sgt_f

did you have to ask, or were they auto?

thanks
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have some great experiences with Citi. I started out with a CL of 3.5k in April 2006 and now my limit is at 18,800!!! Gotta love em. I don't think they care much about your credit score... but I wouldn't know so don't take my word for it. They approved me everytime. Except for the last time they said that this is the max for my income. Good enough! I'll wait til I make more money to request for another increase. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO score wasn't great, obout lower 700.  But the secret for CLI is you wanna charge it as much as you can but don't go over limit then PIF or atleast 90%off the balance 7-10 days before due date then wait a week before you ask for CLI.  Yes they did hard pull on TU (my was).
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.