Frequent Contributor

Citi card question

So I've decided to apply for a Platinum Select card. One of my current cards is Key Bank MC issued by Citi. Will this have any impact on my new Citi account? I'm worried that they may give me a smaller line because I already have enough credit with their Co-branded Key Bank MC. Will it matter? Or a co-branded bank is a totally different account and it will not influence my new card? Thank you
Super Contributor

Re: Citi card question

You can still  get approve for another Citi back card.  I have the Citi Platinum Select with a $4000 CL. Two months later, I apped for a Sears Citi backed card.  I got approved for $3600 on it.  Good luck!
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, but the question was a little different. I know they will approve me, I want to know if the existing CL with them will influence my new line. Is it a different CL for each card as that would be with different banks or is it more like ammount of credit with 1 particular lending institution? I know some people have 3-4 Citi cards and all of them have decent CL... Amex just put a on my Gold Card which was supposed to be no pre-set and ajust to my spending habits and payment history blah blah blah just because I raised my limit on their Blue Cash card... I wonder how Citi treats their multiple card owners
Super Contributor

Lexa wrote:
Thanks, but the question was a little different. I know they will approve me, I want to know if the existing CL with them will influence my new line. Is it a different CL for each card as that would be with different banks or is it more like ammount of credit with 1 particular lending institution? I know some people have 3-4 Citi cards and all of them have decent CL... Amex just put a on my Gold Card which was supposed to be no pre-set and ajust to my spending habits and payment history blah blah blah just because I raised my limit on their Blue Cash card... I wonder how Citi treats their multiple card owners

They may match your existing CL if you're approved. 

Frequent Contributor

That what I was hoping for)) doest anyone else know or have more experience with Citi cards?
Frequent Contributor

You were right, DI. Just applied and got the instant online decicion - Approved! The CL is 11700 which is really close to what I have on their Key Bank MC (10.5k) Now I'm done applying )) Thanks
Regular Contributor

Well done!

Super Contributor

Lexa wrote:
You were right, DI. Just applied and got the instant online decicion - Approved! The CL is 11700 which is really close to what I have on their Key Bank MC (10.5k) Now I'm done applying )) Thanks

Congrats!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.