Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi cli

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi cli

^ If they can't immediately tell if you're eligible for a CLI it will likely cost a hard pull. I took one this year, despite advising the CSR that a hard pull  wasn't wanted. 

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
johnnie198x
Contributor

Did you try online button first before calling? I tried the online button but was denied. Thinking of calling again next week after my $5000 balance on another card falls to $0.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 12 of 15
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if the "CLI button" is always a hardpull now? I'm approaching the 6 month mark of my cards opening and would like to pick up a CLI w/o a hardpull.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 13 of 15
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

IME at the six month just call CS and tell them you want to try for a CLI and you don't want it to effect your credit score. They will see if the computer will auto it so ask for like double your current. They will tell you that you are automatically eligible for xx amount but if you want more it has to be reviewed by the credit counselor and you will get notified in 30 minutes, to which I would graciously accept the amount they gave you cause there's a good chance even if you did the counselor it would be a hard, which they tell you that too. I think the same goes for online, I just like to start the conversation with a person saying "that doesn't affect my credit score" because if something happens they could always pull up your phone call and hear that you said that.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 14 of 15
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

IME at the six month just call CS and tell them you want to try for a CLI and you don't want it to effect your credit score. They will see if the computer will auto it so ask for like double your current. They will tell you that you are automatically eligible for xx amount but if you want more it has to be reviewed by the credit counselor and you will get notified in 30 minutes, to which I would graciously accept the amount they gave you cause there's a good chance even if you did the counselor it would be a hard, which they tell you that too. I think the same goes for online, I just like to start the conversation with a person saying "that doesn't affect my credit score" because if something happens they could always pull up your phone call and hear that you said that.

+1 - Take it a step further and let them know you want to determine whether you are eligible for an increase WITHOUT a hard pull of your credit report. In any event when you are explicit about that and IF they pull a report they can go back to your phone call to review. Good luck!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.