Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi: combining cards--effect on CLI's

tag
brooklyngal
Contributor

Citi: combining cards--effect on CLI's

I currently have 3 Citi cards; 2 are the DPR and DP cards.  DPR has a $1500 limit and DP has a $7600 limit; DPR is older.  If I combine the 2 cards (putting the DPR limit to $9100), will this affect my chances of getting a CLI on this card? 

I'm thinking that if it does, I'll wait until I get a CLI, then I'll combine.  If it doesn't, then I'll combine now. 

Any thoughts?
I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi: combining cards--effect on CLI's

I don't know exactly how it would work, but I personally would get my CLIs before combining.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 Citi cards and love them both. A Cash Returns, and a plain ole vanilla D.P. card. I've considered combining them as well, but not sure I want to as both are at $7,500 cl's.

I agree with other poster. Go for the cli first, THEN do the combining. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I'm in love with the new payment tags. Only problem is they all look the same.
Message 4 of 6
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

I believe it will affect the CLIs. I combined my Citi mtvU visa and Platinum MC. I pressed the luv button online and was told that I needed to wait 6 months because of my recent CLI. Of course, YMMV, but that has been my experience with Citi. As others have stated, I would go for the CLIs, then combine.
Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Couldn't get a CLI on my 7 month old Pro card but they had no problem giving me a 5K DP last week. Citi likes to hit me with EX pulls. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.