Contributor
brooklyngal

Citi: combining cards--effect on CLI's

I currently have 3 Citi cards; 2 are the DPR and DP cards.  DPR has a $1500 limit and DP has a $7600 limit; DPR is older.  If I combine the 2 cards (putting the DPR limit to $9100), will this affect my chances of getting a CLI on this card? 

I'm thinking that if it does, I'll wait until I get a CLI, then I'll combine.  If it doesn't, then I'll combine now. 

Any thoughts?
I'm in the 700 club now! :smileyhappy:
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Valued Contributor
athensguy

Re: Citi: combining cards--effect on CLI's

I don't know exactly how it would work, but I personally would get my CLIs before combining.
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

I have 2 Citi cards and love them both. A Cash Returns, and a plain ole vanilla D.P. card. I've considered combining them as well, but not sure I want to as both are at $7,500 cl's.

I agree with other poster. Go for the cli first, THEN do the combining. :smileywink:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Senior Contributor
smallfry

I'm in love with the new payment tags. Only problem is they all look the same.
Frequent Contributor
islandchild82

I believe it will affect the CLIs. I combined my Citi mtvU visa and Platinum MC. I pressed the luv button online and was told that I needed to wait 6 months because of my recent CLI. Of course, YMMV, but that has been my experience with Citi. As others have stated, I would go for the CLIs, then combine.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Couldn't get a CLI on my 7 month old Pro card but they had no problem giving me a 5K DP last week. Citi likes to hit me with EX pulls. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+