Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi credit cards ranking?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi credit cards ranking?

Hello,

I am sure that the Citi World Elite Mastercard is the high end citi credit card, but what about after that?  Would it be the Citi AAdvantage Visa Siggy, or the Thank you Premier card?  I'm thinking of either card, as I already have a world elite and don't want to pay the $450 AF.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Citi credit cards ranking?

High end?

Do you want a CC becuase it fits/meets your needs or do you want a CC becuase of a percived prestige?

Thats the question I would ask myself before getting or thinking about getting any sort of CC.  Does it meet my needs?

Message 2 of 7
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

I would say the  Citi ThankYou® Premier Card then the Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card or the Citi® / AAdvantage® American Express® Card by looking at the options they have.

Message 3 of 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

High end?

Do you want a CC becuase it fits/meets your needs or do you want a CC becuase of a percived prestige?

Thats the question I would ask myself before getting or thinking about getting any sort of CC.  Does it meet my needs?

^ THIS. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 7
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Citi prestige card. Although its not showing on there to apply anymore, maybe it's back to invite only.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I mean by "high end" is higher annual fees.  Most banks credit cards that have high annual fees are harder to get. 

I fully understand your question about if I am looking for credit cards for perceived image, or for absolute need.  To be honest, for me it's a mixture of both.  Its similar to purchasing a car.  Why purchase an 80k mercedes benz when a 14k honda can transport you just as comfortabily?  To each his own I guess...

BTW, I apped for the Citi AAdvantage Visa siggy and got approved for 19.2k with 30k AA miles with 1k spent in 3 months.  Citibank was the hardest bank to get a CC, I'm glad to get back in their good graces.

Message 6 of 7
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Well the Citi Prestige annual fee is $500 per year. Totally worth it for me since I get the free international ticket (minus fees/taxes) but as mentioned above I no longer see it to apply online.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.