cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi denied product change due to credit bureau block

tag
Steve6451

Citi denied product change due to credit bureau block

I have a Citi Prestige card about to hit 1 year old, and wanted to convert to a fee-free card.   Chase Sapphire Reserve is a lot better IMHO.

I called last week, and was told they couldn't due to a credit bureau block.

I have an extended fraud alert - for years, and the info in it is still correct.  However, Citi said the CRA's were blocking any changes to my card until I update that info.  Has anyone heard of such a thing? Incidentally, they said I can cancel the card no problem.  The whole situation feels odd.  Citi just approved me for a card in February with the same situation on my reports.

I just removed the extended FA, as I don't need it anymore.  Equifax and Transunion were easy, Experian I sent the stuff by snail mail.  Who knows when Citi will get some update from the CRA's.

Any ideas? Maybe an underwriting dept I can call to ask to do a soft pull to see the FA is gone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi denied product change due to credit bureau block

Just curious why not keep both, and use the prestige for 4th night free and the reserve for everything else? I feel like the 4th night free pays for the card if you travel more than once a year.

Message 2 of 3
Steve6451

Re: Citi denied product change due to credit bureau block

Math doesn't work out for me, I'm sitting on heaps of airline and hotel miles so I have little use for what little the Prestige now offers.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.