Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi denied think I can recon

tag
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Citi denied think I can recon

This is the email I got. I guess my score have dropped since I have apped and recieved 2 cards. Last time I checked my score was 667 when I recieved my capone and discover card. They state no reason but my score.

Information about Your Credit Score
 We obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting
 agency and used it in making our credit decision.  Your
 credit score is a number that reflects the information
 in your credit report.  Your credit score can change,
 depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

As of May/2013 your credit score is 0640.  Credit scores
 range from a low of 250 to a high of 900.  The key factors
 that adversely affected your credit score are:

If your credit report contained incorrect information,
 please send us a complete copy of your updated credit report
 within 30 days to:
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi denied think I can recon

The range they give is not FICO, so your FICO score might not have changed (although adding two accounts probably means it has).  

Message 2 of 11
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

I don't know what score that is never heard of that range.  Even a vantage score is not that range. Vantage score is 501-990.

Message 3 of 11
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

you could try the EO number. just search on this forum its arond here somewhere.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 4 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Actually might be Fico 8 bankcard, see:

http://brblog.typepad.com/files/FICO_8_Bankcard_Score_2557FS.pdf

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Its either the above or a in house score Citi uses.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

They said it is a eqfax score

Message 7 of 11
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Richierichdollar wrote:

You are correct that they pulled equifax, but I believe that the upper range of the Beacon v 5.0 fico score is 818 (this is the equifax fico version sold on this website). Since the upper range of the score you cited is 900 it is not a conventional fico score.

Banks sometimes provide their own in house scores because it is more cost effective than purchasing a true fico score from a credit bureau. Chase for example, uses a vantage score for applications (not exactly an in house score, but not a fico either). Most likely the score that citi provided you is based off of a proprietary internal scoring system.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 8 of 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Regardless of what the score is Citi is difficult to recon with.  Even with what you thought your FICO is it's pretty low for Citi with chances not being good.  You can certainly try to recon and may as well since you already ate the inquirery.

Message 9 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Richierichdollar wrote:

That simply means that they used data from your Equifax report to calculate the score, but it tells you nothing about what type of scoring system it is.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.