Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi diamond preferred approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi diamond preferred approved

Been wanting a citi for a while and i thought what the he'll. Got approved for 1800cl at 19.99%. This will be my balance transfer card. 21 months at 0%!!!! Moving on up slowly but surely. Maybe this citi will show me love in the coming years and be my first 10k+ card. Should I close the home depot and alliant card? I haven't touched them in months! They are by far the lowest . Home depot I opened in late 2008 and alliant april 2009. By the way my rebuilding started in 2008 with no cards and a low 600 score. Current have only one baddie which is a 55 dollar paid collection that is due to fall of in 2012. Amex Blue cash. 6000 Chase freedom 4750 Chase freedom. 4500 Bofa Amex 2500. - Citi diamond preferred 1800 Cap one 1500 Chase 700 Home depot 750 :/ Alliant 500 :/,
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi diamond preferred approved

congrats on working your way up to a citi diamond card. they are pretty. however, don't you feel like you have an excessive amount of credit cards? 

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I really should cut my number down a lil bit. I will probably close home depot and alliant which will make 7 cards in the end. I think I will be okay now.I have most of the good cards except for discover but I can live without it for now. Thats some good work I did in two years . I'm trying to work on getting cli with cap one and bofa but no good. Maybe summer of next year when many of my inquiries during a car our chase will fall off I will try again in a better position.
Message 3 of 23
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@emartin82 wrote:

congrats on working your way up to a citi diamond card. they are pretty. however, don't you feel like you have an excessive amount of credit cards? 

WHAT?!

Getting back on topic, congrats!

Message 4 of 23
tata
Established Member

Congrats !!!Smiley Happy

Approved for Platinum Select Card $8000 + CL

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats a awesome starting cl! I will get there one of these days! Congrats to you also

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and got approved for 4200 CL Smiley Happy))

YAHOOOOOOOO

Message 7 of 23
JaseT
Established Contributor

Isn't the Diamond Preferred card going away and people are being switched to the Thank You card?

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yah good question. If they are discontinuing the DP program, why can you still apply for it on their website?

Message 9 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Have you ever tried to get a CLI on Home Depot (it's Citi also).  It's just me but you may not need Home Depot right now, but a year or two down the road you could find yourself needing it... most likely they will let you not use it for quite some time before they do anything.

I have a Business Card and they sent a letter saying I had until end of month to use it or it would close for non use... I went in and bought $11 paper towels... when the bill came not only had they not closed the card but they increased the CL from 5k to 7500!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.