Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi diamond preferred approved

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi diamond preferred approved

@JaseT wrote:

Isn't the Diamond Preferred card going away and people are being switched to the Thank You card?

I remember reading that the Citi Diamond Preferred REWARDS card is getting switched to Thank You, but I think standard Citi Diamond Preferred will stay. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 11 of 23
JaseT
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Isn't the Diamond Preferred card going away and people are being switched to the Thank You card?

I remember reading that the Citi Diamond Preferred REWARDS card is getting switched to Thank You, but I think standard Citi Diamond Preferred will stay. 

Ah, ok....I didn't know there were two different Diamond cards.  Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 12 of 23
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Correct as the Diamond Preferred Rewards card was on their site a couple of months ago and now it's gone.  I thought it looked pretty decent too. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 23
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

I have large limits across three CITI CARDS, but use sparingly. Almost everytime I use one I notice an increase when I go on line. Happened this week.

Aside; the DIANMOND PREFERRED is being recalled. I got the letter this week. It will perform as normal through April and should have a replacement card by May 31. I just read the letter yesterday, I know the April is correct, but the card may be coming in April too, just not sure right now.

CI

Message 14 of 23
android01
Valued Contributor

@CHARGE_IT wrote:

I have large limits across three CITI CARDS, but use sparingly. Almost everytime I use one I notice an increase when I go on line. Happened this week.

Aside; the DIANMOND PREFERRED is being recalled. I got the letter this week. It will perform as normal through April and should have a replacement card by May 31. I just read the letter yesterday, I know the April is correct, but the card may be coming in April too, just not sure right now.

CI

Do you have the standard Diamond Preferred or the Diamond preferred REWARDS?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

pumb...only thing is if you close them cards your average age of account and length of history could hurt ya. if those cards are some of your older.

Message 16 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

pumb...only thing is if you close them cards your average age of account and length of history could hurt ya. if those cards are some of your older.

Just closing a card will not affect either the AAoA or credit length history. Here is an excellent thread talking about Closing Credit Cards.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Marine for the help as i thought it would hurt to close them cc's. But reading the thread it looks like it does not but could possibly after it drops off in 10 yrs.

Message 18 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Marine for the help as i thought it would hurt to close them cc's. But reading the thread it looks like it does not but could possibly after it drops off in 10 yrs.

That's correct but there is no immediate effect. I used to think the very same thing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically if you find a new, better cc its not a bad idea to close it for a newer, better one?

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.