Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi diamond preferred experience

tag
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Citi diamond preferred experience

Would like to get one last card. I've been fond of citi and they've been bombarding me with invitations to this card. No need to BT so the 0% BT won't help. Am planning a rather expensive vacation (expensive for myself, maybe not for the big timers here) this summer so 0% for 18 months does seem quite nice. Anyone have experience with this card?
Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi diamond preferred experience

I don't own that card and i don't see the benefit of getting it. After the 18 month APR intro that card become useless due to the lack of rewards program and no sign up bonus. You might be able to PC to another product after a year but well....If i were you i'd appy for the Chase Freedom currently is offering 15 month Intro APR $100 cash back and rewards

Message 2 of 11
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Concierge service is helpful for some. You earn citi easy cash, that give you a discount on things purchased through their site. Nothing fancy, but it's a nice sleek black card.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I have the world version with a $12 or $13K limit and it's okay. Just okay.

I still have one of the Cash Rewards cards and the customer service tends to be US-based. Even if I'm calling about the other card I always use the Cash Rewards cumber to call.

Concierge and help line tend to be US on the Diamond Preferred. I'm guessing that if you were really stuck someplace and price weren't an option, the concierge would be good. The two or three times I've personally tried using them for flights (and something else silly) the prices weren't competitive at all. The people I spoke to were nice but trust me, it was nothing like dealing with someone from SPG. Their concierge service is more like a help line that can book stuff. Someone who regularly needs a Concierge should get an Amex.

I do believe they have price protection and extended warranty. It's a way to get some of the Amex protection with no AF but I've never tried using the features and can't speak to how easy or difficult the process is.

IMO, it's a good no frills card that grew with regular use.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@icloud2525 wrote:
Would like to get one last card. I've been fond of citi and they've been bombarding me with invitations to this card. No need to BT so the 0% BT won't help. Am planning a rather expensive vacation (expensive for myself, maybe not for the big timers here) this summer so 0% for 18 months does seem quite nice. Anyone have experience with this card?

For travel purposes, Concierge Service...EMV Chip (on request)...no forex fees. 

Message 5 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

If I spent more money, this might be a great card; it is beautiful btw; a friend of mine was like "whoa, you have a black card?"
I kind of just ignored the comment knowing it was Citi haha.
Only usable thing for me is the 0% for 18 months. Workin' like a charm paying no interest! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 11
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:
Concierge service is helpful for some. You earn citi easy cash, that give you a discount on things purchased through their site. Nothing fancy, but it's a nice sleek black card.

All Visa Signature and World Mastercard credit cards have a concierge. The Easy Deals is a terrible program that isn't worth the time.

Message 7 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It is a pretty sleek looking card, I used to have the original all black version without the mini diamonds. However today tens of millions of people have it, because all Citi Platinum Select cards were converted to Diamond earlier this year. Nice card for those that want 0% BT but otherwise TY might be better.

Message 8 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

It is a pretty sleek looking card, I used to have the original all black version without the mini diamonds. However today tens of millions of people have it, because all Citi Platinum Select cards were converted to Diamond earlier this year. Nice card for those that want 0% BT but otherwise TY might be better.

Agreed. Outside of the 0% offer for the term that it's offered, it's a pretty mediocre card in terms of benefits offered.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 9 of 11
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

drkaje,

Can you tell me when and how you got your Diamond Prefered Card switched to a "World Version".  And does it actually say "World" above the hologram MC ?

Any other details would be appreciated.  Is it still a 0 AF card ?

Thank you,

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.