cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi diamond vs Citi simplicity ... whats the difference?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi diamond vs Citi simplicity ... whats the difference?

They're both 21 months 0% APR, 3% balance transfer fee

No annual fee cards... only difference i see the variable APR rate 1% difference. Wonder if Citi diamand credit limits averagely higher than Simplicity. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi diamond vs Citi simplicity ... whats the difference?

And Simplicity has no late fee or penalty APR ever.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No annual fee cards... only difference i see the variable APR rate 1% difference. Wonder if Citi diamand credit limits averagely higher than Simplicity. 

I have both and my simplicity SL was 500 more than DP. There are a few differences between the 2.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have both and my simplicity SL was 500 more than DP. There are a few differences between the 2.

Which one you applied first ? I wonder if you could apply both the same day and count as 1 hard inquiry instead of 2.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get something with ThankYou points not these two cards with CitiDeal points. I have thousands of "CitiDeal" points and they are only good for discounts (like 5-10%) off gift cards, etc.

I rolled these into my Citi Preferred World Elite which actually earn something you can use.
Message 5 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

There's little difference between them. I think Simplicity has a few more perks such as no late fee ever, etc. Don't know how important that is to you.

Neither is a "must have" card, IMO, and they earn useless Citi Easydeal points. Do a google search. Almost NOBODY finds these points useful.

There are better cards out there, both for low rate and for rewards. Skip these.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which one you applied first ? I wonder if you could apply both the same day and count as 1 hard inquiry instead of 2.

I apped for the simplicity first. And a few months later the DP. I wanted to do a BT with 0% for 21 months and that is why I apped for the DP. They only have me 4K SL. So, it wasn't a high enough SL to transfer my balances. SO, that card is useless to me now. The simplicity is nice but no biggie. I did get a 2K cli after 6 months and it is now at 6.5K. I opened that to get in the door with Citi. I just got approved for the DC and will be the one I use now from Citi. I wouldn't app for the DP. Try the DC if you want a Citi card.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the simplicity doesn't even offer rewards i don't think
Message 8 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Every card I've gotten from Citi has been a double HP (EX and EQ in NorCal).

When I got Simplicity two years ago FICO scores were 760+ Starting CL of $6K.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too I dot double pulled for EQ and EX as well and I'm from Sin City

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.