Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi does not allow overpayment rant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi does not allow overpayment rant

@TRC_WA wrote:

Too much OCD in this thread... I'm outta here.  I gotta go pay my Sallie Mae card... 30+ transactions for the month with a bill total of $1800 just cut...

Nice... I am not usually that OCD. Its only specific things that get paid immediately with certain monies.  I am not one of them perfectionists...not yet anyway!

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly why the feature on Cabela's Sig Visa allows you to pay any amount at any time, and is so helpful. I love it!

Message 12 of 22
axlm
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok and I hate to even go there because its beating a dead horse..... just to clarify.... it will be fine, and settle itself at the end of the statement, so theres no discrepancy regarding the 1+1 cash back

In my experience so far, no problems at all. You spend and earn 1%. You pay (no matter when or how) and earn the other 1%. Only catch I'm aware of that might reduce your cashback, is if you redeem the bonus as statement credit. That will count as a payment, of course, but will not count towards the 1%. Or that's what I read somewhere.

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ACH push from your bank billpay.
Message 14 of 22
alkaline
Regular Contributor

I think AMEX experimented with disallowing overpayments for just a little while recently... One day I went to make a payment and it said I could not pay over $xxx which was my running balance, not including pending transactions. I complained about it in live chat and I guess they let me overpay just that one time - next time I went to pay it gave me the same message again. Now it seems like it's letting me overpay again. Maybe they were experimenting.
Message 15 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@alkaline wrote:
I think AMEX experimented with disallowing overpayments for just a little while recently... One day I went to make a payment and it said I could not pay over $xxx which was my running balance, not including pending transactions. I complained about it in live chat and I guess they let me overpay just that one time - next time I went to pay it gave me the same message again. Now it seems like it's letting me overpay again. Maybe they were experimenting.

Last week I was only able to pay balance + pending on Amex.   I will try again to see if that has gone.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

all i care to do is balance plus pending. i hate that barclay and discover won't let you
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
all i care to do is balance plus pending. i hate that barclay and discover won't let you

As has been mentioned serveral times in this thread, you can push payments with your bank's bill pay system.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you use billpay, which i don't. i don't need you uselessly telling me that. i saw it in the thread. damn.
Message 19 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As has been mentioned serveral times in this thread, you can push payments with your bank's bill pay system.

It can need a bit more planning!   For me, when I am being hyper about utilization, the issue comes a day or so before statement close, and there is a large pending charge,.  If I am able to pay it on the website, I can be pretty sure that the statement will close with a zero balance.   With a push pay, I have no such confidence.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.