Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash PC

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Citi double cash PC

Has anyone who PC'd to this card this past Sunday or Monday received it in the mail yet??  I'm still waiting and would like it in my possession already! Smiley Tongue

Message 91 of 119
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Has anyone converted to Double Cash via online chat? I hate to call. I want to product change my CDP to Double Cash right now as it will be very beneficial. But then, I'm waiting for them to offer me a fat  bonus to apply.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 92 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Has anyone converted to Double Cash via online chat? I hate to call. I want to product change my CDP to Double Cash right now as it will be very beneficial. But then, I'm waiting for them to offer me a fat  bonus to apply.

I tired that on my Dividends and was told I had to call so they can give me my offerings and read disclosures.

Message 93 of 119
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

Has anyone who PC'd to this card this past Sunday or Monday received it in the mail yet??  I'm still waiting and would like it in my possession already! Smiley Tongue

Two false alarms today - gift cards from city (redeeming my thankyou points after I PC'ed) and balance xfer checks... But no DC card yet.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 94 of 119
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Received my PC citi double cash today.

Soi PC my TYP to the dc on 9/7.. Today I received my card in the mail... It kinda look like a store rewards card appearance wise and too bad mine came with some missing white fill in on my name lol... O wells...

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 95 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

I just convered my TYP, and got the T&C change in Oct as well, but I would get the card in 7-10 business days from today.

The biggest shock to me was they said max of $300 redeemed/yr on the new card! Has anyone else heard that? As this is my "catch all" card and I problably will not meet that (UR/SPG for a lot more of my spend), I didn't complain. But if others get this, it could be bad news.

Also - my TYP was an amex. At first, they said they could covert the double cash as an amex - but came back and said they could not, and offered me the conversion to mastercard.

I have 60 days to use my TYPs - had to have them fix my Thankyou account, as I haven't been able to redeem points on their website... their guess was that my card was "compromised" more than a year ago, and although I've received the points (see them on my statement), the website has always shown "not available." So they created a separate Thankyou account, with a new username that has all of my 8k points available for redemtion (and must be used in 60 days).

This is the first I've seen someone mention this.  Kind of annoying how it seems like their CSRs all have different information.  

How are you going to use your Thank You Points?

Looks like the best deal is one of the gift cards - so it looks like $75 in walmart gift cards it is... at least that is $0.01/point. I hardly shop there, but I guess I can find something.

I have the account linked to amazon as well, and you can use the points at checkout, but the redemption is not good. So I'll use the remaining 511 typoints on an amazon purcahse today, but it looks like about a $0.0075 point redemption... not even $0.01/point. That is the reason this card has been in the SD!

It's a shame that the Amazon conversion is lackluster, but it seems like gift cards are the only way to go with TYPs to get the best value.  

I just converted what little points I had to Amazon credit. It's painless, easy, and quick, although it definitely isn't the best value. Basically, each point is worth less than $0.01.

Message 96 of 119
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Received my PC citi double cash today.

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Soi PC my TYP to the dc on 9/7.. Today I received my card in the mail... It kinda look like a store rewards card appearance wise and too bad mine came with some missing white fill in on my name lol... O wells...

After seeing this I checked my mail, and there it was.  I was able to do a tiny SP CLI straight away (and I haven't been offered that on the card I PCd from),   But I agree it looks like a store loyalty card!  But what matters is how it works....

Message 97 of 119
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

After seeing this I checked my mail, and there it was.  I was able to do a tiny SP CLI straight away (and I haven't been offered that on the card I PCd from),   But I agree it looks like a store loyalty card!  But what matters is how it works....

Looks like mine is not World, which is a little strange as the card I converted from was.   Wonder why

Message 98 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

longtimelurker - what f___! Convert a WMC and no Citi Double Cash WMC. That s__ks!
Message 99 of 119
Simply827
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

I just convered my TYP, and got the T&C change in Oct as well, but I would get the card in 7-10 business days from today.

The biggest shock to me was they said max of $300 redeemed/yr on the new card! Has anyone else heard that? As this is my "catch all" card and I problably will not meet that (UR/SPG for a lot more of my spend), I didn't complain. But if others get this, it could be bad news.

Also - my TYP was an amex. At first, they said they could covert the double cash as an amex - but came back and said they could not, and offered me the conversion to mastercard.

I have 60 days to use my TYPs - had to have them fix my Thankyou account, as I haven't been able to redeem points on their website... their guess was that my card was "compromised" more than a year ago, and although I've received the points (see them on my statement), the website has always shown "not available." So they created a separate Thankyou account, with a new username that has all of my 8k points available for redemtion (and must be used in 60 days).

This is the first I've seen someone mention this.  Kind of annoying how it seems like their CSRs all have different information.  

How are you going to use your Thank You Points?

Looks like the best deal is one of the gift cards - so it looks like $75 in walmart gift cards it is... at least that is $0.01/point. I hardly shop there, but I guess I can find something.

I have the account linked to amazon as well, and you can use the points at checkout, but the redemption is not good. So I'll use the remaining 511 typoints on an amazon purcahse today, but it looks like about a $0.0075 point redemption... not even $0.01/point. That is the reason this card has been in the SD!

It's a shame that the Amazon conversion is lackluster, but it seems like gift cards are the only way to go with TYPs to get the best value.  

I just converted what little points I had to Amazon credit. It's painless, easy, and quick, although it definitely isn't the best value. Basically, each point is worth less than $0.01.

Student loan and mortgage checks are 1 cpp value. You have to call 1800 THANK YOU to request a check. The option shows online if you know to search for it.  

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 100 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.