Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double cash PC

Just PC'ed my TYP to the Double Cash a couple of hours ago. It's already showing up online. Took about 5 minutes.

Message 71 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficobgtx wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called Citi Customer servicce to PC my Cash Returns WMC to Double Cash. It only took 10 mins. She couldn't tell me it will be WMC or regular Platinum MC. The  card will be MC. The account will be changed. I logged into my account. The new account is already on the lineup. The new account is not WMC. It is a regular Platinum MC. She told me I will receive the crd within 10-14 business days. I can change back to Cash Returns MC if I change my mnd befoe Nov 28. I will receive the confimation letter for PC from them i he mail.

Ron.

Can you tell from the website that it is Platinum vs WMC? I PC'ed my TYP from an amex to a MC, and it is now listed on the website, but there is no indication (as far as I can tell) what type of card it is.

My limit and APR (16.4k and 12.99) remain the same as on my TYP.

It says the revolving limit if it is WMC. It says the credit limit if it is Platinum MC. 

Ron.

Mine must be a Platinum - it does not say anything about revolving on mine, and says "Total Credit Limit:".

My Citi WMC (TYP) says the same. Nothing about revolving.

Message 72 of 119
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

I am pretty sure the CSR's are simply wrong about the $300/yr limit. When I select "View/Redeem" for my new card on the website, it specifically says unlimited on both sides (spend and paid). So I am not too concerned.
TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 73 of 119
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Got off the return phone call from the EO just now. It's a solid negatory on PC'ng the CDP for DC. I hate apologies but she was all about the sorry sentiment and i said foreget it, some can and some can't PC. I just move right on along to something else in this credit journey with great anticipation. Will i cold app for it? Not this year. There's other CC's i have my feelers out for, like Sam's Club MC, BofA BBR, Sallie Mae etc. And besides i just got a nice (SP) Citi CLI so no more worse for wear Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

ficobgtx - think of CSRs like this: "...keep them in the dark and feed them a lot of BS..."! It sure seems that way. Likely the person crossed info on a Citi Dividend Card where there is the $300 annual cap. Anything I have read said "unlimited". Or did someone lie on the website?
Message 75 of 119
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ficobgtx - think of CSRs like this: "...keep them in the dark and feed them a lot of BS..."! It sure seems that way. Likely the person crossed info on a Citi Dividend Card where there is the $300 annual cap. Anything I have read said "unlimited". Or did someone lie on the website?

CSR said to be it was unlimited, and also talked about dividend cash, so at least one of us was confused.

But putting a cap on earnings seems a natural nerf, especially as this card seems to be replacing the Dividend.  Don't know how many people will do $15K of uncategorized spend on the card, but if enough, maybe we will see an annual cap.

Message 76 of 119
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CSR said to be it was unlimited, and also talked about dividend cash, so at least one of us was confused.

But putting a cap on earnings seems a natural nerf, especially as this card seems to be replacing the Dividend.  Don't know how many people will do $15K of uncategorized spend on the card, but if enough, maybe we will see an annual cap.

I'm hoping they won't nerf this card too much in the future.  It would seem there would be better card options for people to do their manufactured spend on.  2% seems like it would be a sweet spot - less than the more lucrative 5% options out there on rotating cards, but still more than what most cards offer for general non-categorized spend.  They were smart to make the second 1% contingent upon paying your bill, so surely some people who have this card won't be earning the full 2% if they're prone to carrying balances and living beyond their means.

Message 77 of 119
ObieGrad
Valued Member

After being told that it was a $300 "dividend" limit, click on view/redeem says unlimited all over it.  There was a strange part of the call where the rep read all of these things that would be added and removed from my account and some of them didn't make a lot of sense and seem to contradict features that are part of this card.  I have a feeling that some lines were getting crossed.

I can confirm though that the Easy Deal points (for whatever they were worth) are totally gone.  I can't log into to Easy Deals at all.  I actually used these once when they beat the Costco rental car price by a few dollars.

The rep also said I had a month or so (can't remember exactly) to change my mind and the card would go back to dimond preffered.  Don't know why I'd do that but I thought it was intersting.

Since the website says I have a double cash card now, which do I actually have?  If I buy something do I get cash back?  I am interested in what the statement will say that cuts in a few days.

Message 78 of 119
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I have to wait a full year right to PC a card ?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 79 of 119
tbrown98

Just PC'd from the dividend over the phone. Took about 10 minutes (no hold time).

They told me it could take 10 days for the new benefits to take effect. They didn't mention anything about the dividend except when saying that I was converting from it. Also, the only mention I received about $300 was that I would lose my current rewards program with a cap of $300 and gain a rewards program with no cap and was assured I wouldn't lose any of my current cash back.

EDIT: I was also told there are only MasterCard versions right now.

Message 80 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.