Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash cli at activation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi double cash cli at activation

Hi all,

i just received my double cash today. Very surprised it came as a WEMC! I'm a little disappointed in my SL (1,200). I'd like 5k. Do you think it's obtainable if I sacrifice the HP?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double cash cli at activation

Congrats on the new Citi!!  Smiley Very Happy  If you don't have too many new accts/inq's, I would give it a try.  

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure it was WEMC? Most are just World, not World Elite, especially with that CL
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, silver stripe and MC logo. Looks pretty sharp.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you sure it was WEMC? Most are just World, not World Elite, especially with that CL

WEMCs are now issued with very low limits.  A poster here has one that has a $500 CL.  Visa Signatures tend to stick to the $5K minimum limit.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

i just received my double cash today. Very surprised it came as a WEMC! I'm a little disappointed in my SL (1,200). I'd like 5k. Do you think it's obtainable if I sacrifice the HP?

WOW! and i thought I was special getting mine as a WMC!  HAHA. That is great. I believe ya, I just would like to see how pretty it is! If you have the time you could block out ur info and snap a pic for us!  Anyway...Your limit is half mine but you have the best type! What is your APR? Mine is 13.99.

You can also go online and see if you can get a CLI without a HP, it will tell you if its possible. Not sure if anyone has ever received a CLI at activation with a SP though.

I would just compare your scores to whats at credit pulls database (google). If you want to waste an inquiry go for it....

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Yup. I got mine about 2 months ago with instant approval of $1,200 SL. Immediately called Citi Backdoor and asked for $8K (shoot for the stars!). Asked to wait 2 days. When I called back, they said they can't give me the  full $8K but I was counter-offered with $5K. There was an HP but I think it's worth it. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

As irish stated. WEMC can come in any limit. even $500 bucks. no big deal. but to your question. You can go for the Cli with hp. but honestly. Unless you are exceptional. Citi will most likely Deny. Best to just wait 6 months for Sp cli. I know i just wasted 3 xtra hps with citi this year trying to get cli's. Best buy. they gave me Cli. with hard time. Home Depot. Cli no problem. and Double cash cli denied. they are a real Pita. Wish i did not have to deal with them.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the option to request this CLI on their website? I just got my card in today and I can't seems to find it anywhere? Thanks

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.