Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash mail..

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Citi double cash mail..

Recived an mail today from Citi asking me to  switch my forward card to the double cash.... weird lol it says on the letter that I am pre-selected and the offer expires 3/31/15. anyone else got an mail like this? BTW my forward is the grandfathered one where i get 5x points. 

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double cash mail..

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Recived an mail today from Citi asking me to  switch my forward card to the double cash.... weird lol it says on the letter that I am pre-selected and the offer expires 3/31/15. anyone else got an mail like this? BTW my forward is the grandfathered one where i get 5x points. 

Interesting ... I got the Citi Double Cash by P/c'ing a Citi Diamond Preferred MC. My Citi Forward VS is the old 5x. Wonder what they would do with me? Need to watch this thread for other posts. Something is up at Citi.

Message 2 of 7
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

This is new. I though Forward card was not eligible for product change as they told me.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

I hope you weren't tempted!   The Forward 5x is one of the best cards out there.  Whereas the DC you can still app for.

Message 4 of 7
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

I hope you weren't tempted!   The Forward 5x is one of the best cards out there.  Whereas the DC you can still app for.

Already have the DC as i had PC my thank you preferred to it =P

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 5 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm glad you aren't going to PC your Forward to a DC, which IMO would be foolish since you can readily obtain a DC anyway.

Of course, the day will come when the Forward is converted to something else or closed for you anyway, but who knows when that will be. I am surprised Citi has kept cardholders grandfathered in for this long; the Forward has not been available for like 2 years now.

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Already have the DC as i had PC my thank you preferred to it =P

I did the same.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.