tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi double cash sign up bonus secure message

@MstrPTato wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

Has anyone received their card yet? I want to see what the card looks like in person =] Not that it matters to me; now that there's a signup bonus avaialable I'll be applying as soon as someone can report on what their experience is with the card after one statement closing (to see how the rewards work when one PIF's), but I'm just dying to see what it looks like Smiley Very Happy

I got my card yesterday. It looks pretty nice. Everything on the back, world mastercard. Front is a little to shiny for my tastes. I feel like it'll probably wear off soon. Came standard with EMV if you care about that. 

WMC, eh?   Hmmm....since I have the same CL as you, I wonder if mine will be WMC, too?   I was hoping mine would have been in Saturday's mail, but hopefully it'll be in today's mail.

I would not be oppsed to Sunday mail delivery!

Off-topic, but the city of Loma Linda, CA has Sunday mail delivery due to a large amount of Seventh-Day Adventist who live, work and worship there (and would prefer businesses be closed on Saturday, including the Post Office).

In any case, it's officially Monday here.   Groan.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 173
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I got my card yesterday. It looks pretty nice. Everything on the back, world mastercard. Front is a little to shiny for my tastes. I feel like it'll probably wear off soon. Came standard with EMV if you care about that. 

Does it have MasterCard logo on the front?

Message 22 of 173
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Mastercard logo is on the back.
Message 23 of 173
nutsaboutrewards
Established Member

Didn't work for me. Sent the note 4 days after being approved (still haven't received the cards):

- Message from Citi -

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately we can't apply new offers to an existing acct. If you want the offer, you must fill out an application attached with the offer.

We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Amex Blue Cash Preferred (2x for $13k/yr) - 6% groceries (including GC), 3% gas, 1% everywhere else
US Bank - Cash+ (2x for 4 categories) 5% restaurants, department stores, wireless, and 1 rotating misc
Chase Amazon - 3% on amazon.com
Chase United - 2% on United/Star Alliance. Original "plat" card/grandfathered. Get 5k PQM/year.
Fidelity Amex - 2% (my main card)
Citi Double Cash - 2% (may become main card)
Fidelity Visa - 1.5% $15k, 2% > $15k/yr (sock drawer since Citi DC)
A few other EMV cards with 0% foreign exchange
Message 24 of 173
Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to get the offer. I had no prior accounts or relationship with Citi Bank. I just activated the card today and sent a secured message saying:

There was a mailer that was sent out indicating that I could receive $200 for $1000 spent in 90 days. I would like to be enrolled in this promotion. Thanks!

That was all it took for me to get the promotion. Their reply was:

We have enrolled your account in a special offer where you will receive 200 in double cash dollars when you spent $1000.00 between 09/09/2014 through 12/09/2014.

So the offer starts tomorrow for me, whereas the OP's started on the same day. Make sure to check the date before you spend!

Message 25 of 173
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I managed to get the offer. I had no prior accounts or relationship with Citi Bank. I just activated the card today and sent a secured message saying:

There was a mailer that was sent out indicating that I could receive $200 for $1000 spent in 90 days. I would like to be enrolled in this promotion. Thanks!

That was all it took for me to get the promotion. Their reply was:

We have enrolled your account in a special offer where you will receive 200 in double cash dollars when you spent $1000.00 between 09/09/2014 through 12/09/2014.

So the offer starts tomorrow for me, whereas the OP's started on the same day. Make sure to check the date before you spend!

I also received the offer, my message to them was different/original. My date also starts tomorrow. 

Message 26 of 173
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Happy to hear it is working for some of you. I saw one "negative ghostrider" reply, was worried maybe it wouldn't work for everyone else. Glad to hear at least some people are getting it. 

Message 27 of 173
nutsaboutrewards
Established Member

Ok, I'm trying again. Businesses really need to treat customers consistently. 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred (2x for $13k/yr) - 6% groceries (including GC), 3% gas, 1% everywhere else
US Bank - Cash+ (2x for 4 categories) 5% restaurants, department stores, wireless, and 1 rotating misc
Chase Amazon - 3% on amazon.com
Chase United - 2% on United/Star Alliance. Original "plat" card/grandfathered. Get 5k PQM/year.
Fidelity Amex - 2% (my main card)
Citi Double Cash - 2% (may become main card)
Fidelity Visa - 1.5% $15k, 2% > $15k/yr (sock drawer since Citi DC)
A few other EMV cards with 0% foreign exchange
Message 28 of 173
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

No dice for me.  They want me to fax them a copy of the offer with my name on it, as well as my current account info.  I am trying to argue it out over secured message but as you imagine, it takes a while.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 29 of 173
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

No dice for me.  They want me to fax them a copy of the offer with my name on it, as well as my current account info.  I am trying to argue it out over secured message but as you imagine, it takes a while.

I would suggest sending a NEW message (not a reply) asking again. Just Keep Swimming!

Message 30 of 173
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.