Did you mean: 

Citi double cash sign up bonus secure message

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Citi double cash sign up bonus secure message

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I managed to get the offer. I had no prior accounts or relationship with Citi Bank. I just activated the card today and sent a secured message saying:

There was a mailer that was sent out indicating that I could receive $200 for $1000 spent in 90 days. I would like to be enrolled in this promotion. Thanks!

That was all it took for me to get the promotion. Their reply was:

We have enrolled your account in a special offer where you will receive 200 in double cash dollars when you spent $1000.00 between 09/09/2014 through 12/09/2014.

So the offer starts tomorrow for me, whereas the OP's started on the same day. Make sure to check the date before you spend!

I also received the offer, my message to them was different/original. My date also starts tomorrow. 

Out of curiosity, how did you word your message?

Message 31 of 173
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

No dice for me.  They want me to fax them a copy of the offer with my name on it, as well as my current account info.  I am trying to argue it out over secured message but as you imagine, it takes a while.

I would suggest sending a NEW message (not a reply) asking again. Just Keep Swimming!

thats going to be my next plan of attack using your message word for word.  I already sent a reply about 5 hours ago so I have to wait now.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 32 of 173
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celluloid17 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I managed to get the offer. I had no prior accounts or relationship with Citi Bank. I just activated the card today and sent a secured message saying:

There was a mailer that was sent out indicating that I could receive $200 for $1000 spent in 90 days. I would like to be enrolled in this promotion. Thanks!

We have enrolled your account in a special offer where you will receive 200 in double cash dollars when you spent $1000.00 between 09/09/2014 through 12/09/2014.

So the offer starts tomorrow for me, whereas the OP's started on the same day. Make sure to check the date before you spend!

I also received the offer, my message to them was different/original. My date also starts tomorrow. 

Exactly as it says in my post.

"There was a mailer that was sent out indicating that I could receive $200 for $1000 spent in 90 days. I would like to be enrolled in this promotion. Thanks!"

Message 33 of 173
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I was also denied through secure message. I may try again tomorrow.

Glad it's working for some though.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 34 of 173
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I've noticed 99% of your success rate with customer service is based on who you speak to. So my advice to everyone would be to keep trying. 

Message 35 of 173
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"There was a mailer that was sent out indicating that I could receive $200 for $1000 spent in 90 days. I would like to be enrolled in this promotion. Thanks!"

I'm sorry.  My question was for Cal who was quoting your original post.  I like what you wrote though as it is direct, but can be read as if you actually got the solicitation yourself, rather than asking for something that someone else had received.  Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 173
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celluloid17 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry.  My question was for Cal who was quoting your original post.  I like what you wrote though as it is direct, but can be read as if you actually got the solicitation yourself, rather than asking for something that someone else had received.  Smiley Happy

Ahh, my bad. Yeah, I didn't want to make it seem as though I was unsure if there was even a promotion or simply ask to be enrolled even though I didn't receive the invitation. Being direct got me right to the point and ended up with exactly what I wanted! Smiley Happy I don't understand how some people could be denied the promotion though. I think as long as you didn't product change, you could get the offer. It might just be the reps... 

Message 37 of 173
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I informed them that I was aware of the promotional offer, I requested to be enrolled and expressed gratitude in advanced as if I knew there was no way they would turn me down.

Message 38 of 173
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I informed them that I was aware of the promotional offer, I requested to be enrolled and expressed gratitude in advanced as if I knew there was no way they would turn me down.

I did the same, but unfortunately I didn't get the same result.  As I mentioned upthread, I PC'd another Citi card to the Double Cash, I didn't app, so I was expecting the likelihood of a "no".  I figured it was worth a (long) shot!  

Message 39 of 173
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Always worth it to try. 

Unrelated to doublecash, but I signed up with the 50k/1k spend offer for my marriot card, chase just gave me the 70k/1k spend offer after a quick SM. 

I love bonuses. 

Message 40 of 173
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.