Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash world elite?

tag
thummel
Established Contributor

Citi double cash world elite?

So I just got my citi double cash and noticed it is a world elite MasterCard. I thought that the double cash is not a world elite master card and what's even crazier is that I only have a 1.5K limit on it. Has anybody else experienced this or is it fairly rare? Thanks.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double cash world elite?

Hmmm.. Odd as I thought it was the same qualification as the VS-- A $5k+ limit? 

Message 2 of 35
L-TWT
Established Contributor

There r numerous Q&A about your particular question on this forum, I believe is issuing most/all current double cash cards as WEMC, which I truly feel r "Psuedo" in nature and lack all WEMC benefits, but they may be capturing the higher merchant fees

Message 3 of 35
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

From member accounts, many seem to be shipping as WEMC.   However, they aren't showing up as "Flexible Spending Credit Cards" on the CRs, nor do they seem to be providing any other WEMC benefits.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Exactly this. 

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

From member accounts, many seem to be shipping as WEMC.   However, they aren't showing up as "Flexible Spending Credit Cards" on the CRs, nor do they seem to be providing any other WEMC benefits.   

Actually, the Double Cash WEMC does provide the WEMC benefits Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

A low SL for the Double Cash is not uncommon. You can always request a CLI @ activation, but be prepared for another HP. Best of luck!
Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said, mine appears to be a "fake" WEMC--has the branding, but no associated benefits. The strip and logo look great though!

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone denote exactly which benefits are missing from these supposed "fake" WEMCs? And how do you know that the Citi DC cards are missing these features?

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has confirmed for me that the WEMC does carry WEMC benefits, and I have successfully been able to use them as well. So I'm not quite sure what the other poster is referencing. Has he/ she had an experience where he/she was unable to use the benefits?

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.