Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash world elite?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi double cash world elite?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Citi Double Cash card and it's a World MasterCard ($1,500 limit). 

At this point, I don't even bother calling in or messaging to ask if it can be upgraded. 

I really hate dealing with Citi's customer service there since it's outsourced and completely clueless.... They don't even know anything about their own products. Heck, they don't know anything period. They told me Visa Paywave and MasterCard PayPass technology is being phased out in their little fantasy world they obviously live in, even though it's technology that's on the rise everywhere, including the highly resistant USA.  

Citi is only good if you want good cards, but don't want knowledgeable, English speaking staff when you call in or chat online. Closing my checking and savings account there next week, and my Double Cash account within the next six months to find a different card to use from a different company. 

Lol.... I find Citi Customer service to be 100% better than Chases .... Would close my Chase bank account in a second if i could but since they are the closes bank to me at home and work il deal with wit...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At this point, I don't even bother calling in or messaging to ask if it can be upgraded. 

I really hate dealing with Citi's customer service there since it's outsourced and completely clueless.... They don't even know anything about their own products. Heck, they don't know anything period. They told me Visa Paywave and MasterCard PayPass technology is being phased out in their little fantasy world they obviously live in, even though it's technology that's on the rise everywhere, including the highly resistant USA.  

Citi is only good if you want good cards, but don't want knowledgeable, English speaking staff when you call in or chat online. Closing my checking and savings account there next week, and my Double Cash account within the next six months to find a different card to use from a different company. 

Lol.... I find Citi Customer service to be 100% better than Chases .... Would close my Chase bank account in a second if i could but since they are the closes bank to me at home and work il deal with wit...

You have a good point there, but then again I dumped Chase a couple of months back too. If you're a company that refuses to lower APR's, consumers will consider you as an industry worst in customer service. I guess you shouldn't poke the bear when it comes to card APR's (the bear meaning the consumer). 

Message 22 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

My DC was PCd from a WMC (or VS, can't remember) and got converted to a plain (i.e. not even World) DC CL is $22K).   ';

Same with my Dividend, which was PCd from one of VS/WE and is now a plain Visa.   On that conversion, the list of changes warned that the flexible spending limit would be replaced by a fixed one.    

Message 23 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a good point there, but then again I dumped Chase a couple of months back too. If you're a company that refuses to lower APR's, consumers will consider you as an industry worst in customer service. I guess you shouldn't poke the bear when it comes to card APR's (the bear meaning the consumer). 

TBH their APR can be at 50% and i still wouldn't care... I don't carry balances unless i have a 0% APR for BT's or purchases. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TBH their APR can be at 50% and i still wouldn't care... I don't carry balances unless i have a 0% APR for BT's or purchases. 

Even if I've never carried a balance in my life, the fact that they can't lower a high APR when other lends are happy to speaks volumes. 

Citi's lowered my APR three times in two years... Chase never did once in five years. 

It's the concept of their actions that irks me, not the result. 

Message 25 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if I've never carried a balance in my life, the fact that they can't lower a high APR when other lends are happy to speaks volumes. 

Citi's lowered my APR three times in two years... Chase never did once in five years. 

I couldn't care less about the concept... It is what it is  and the fact it is a business and to make money from us... I have 5 chase cards and with the exception of my freedom which is being used at Costco all of them are either being SD or used in a 0% APR BT with no Fee.

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldn't care less about the concept... It is what it is  and the fact it is a business and to make money from us... I have 5 chase cards and with the exception of my freedom which is being used at Costco all of them are either being SD or used in a 0% APR BT with no Fee.

One could make the argument that a consumer is more willing to carry a balance on a card that has had the APR lowered by 7% from 22.99% to 15.49%, rather than their Chase card which is still at 23.24% and has never been lowered since Chase refuses to do so. 

From the average consumer's prespective, since most average consumers carry a balance from month to month, lower APR = better. So when Chase refuses to lower an APR on anyone's card, no matter how good your credit score is, they're asking for hatred from many people. 

Message 27 of 35
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One could make the argument that a consumer is more willing to carry a balance on a card that has had the APR lowered by 7% from 22.99% to 15.49%, rather than their Chase card which is still at 23.24% and has never been lowered since Chase refuses to do so. 

From the average consumer's prespective, since most average consumers carry a balance from month to month, lower APR = better. So when Chase refuses to lower an APR on anyone's card, no matter how good your credit score is, they're asking for hatred from many people. 

Many? that is why i practically see the Freedom card everywhere? 

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They approved me for only a $700 cl and it is a World elite....now i think that is weird. But, maybe they are trying to get more customers.

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Many? that is why i practically see the Freedom card everywhere? 

You may see the Freedom card everywhere, but not everyone uses their card on a regular basis. There are many different ways a card is used or not used by an individual customer. 

Just because someone has a Chase Freedom in their wallet doesn't mean it's used frequently (or at all), or has a carried balance on it,  or has anything more than the lowest APR avaliable (14.4%). Some people might have it in their wallet and use it only a couple of times a year. 

Even if someone hates Chase, they can still have one of their cards. People that call in for a lower APR expect the bank to nicely lower it if they've been a good customer for many years. Obviously Chase shouldn't lower the rate to something 5.24%, but show some customer appreciation and lower it a few points, it's not that big of a deal for a multi-billion dollar company. Customers like to feel appreciated... Chase is basically telling their customers they aren't appreciated if they can't even lower your APR a few percentage points. 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.