Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi forward amazon no longer 5%...

tag
epicureanism
Contributor

Citi forward amazon no longer 5%...

My last statement came out on June 18th. After careful inspection, I found citi only gives 1% to Amazon. Before June, I always receive 5% on Amazon. Anyone else on this board experienced this change as well? Thanks! 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Citi forward amazon no longer 5%...

I've heard from another forum of this change as well. Not sure if that's due to Amazon's merchant code or Forward's categories. 

Message 2 of 39
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae just went up in desirability. 

Message 3 of 39
enharu
Super Contributor

Anyone has any idea if its due to citi, or due to Amazon changing their MCC?

I'm wondering if the cash+ and sallie Mae card are affected as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 39
epicureanism
Contributor

Do not know yet, but I guess something is going to chage. 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Message 5 of 39
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@epicureanism wrote:

Do not know yet, but I guess something is going to chage. 

5% on Amazon is sorta too good to be true in my opinion, wouldn't surprise me if the other cards followed suit.

        
Message 6 of 39
epicureanism
Contributor

Yeah I know. I will not be surprised either. And actually 5% on restaurants is already too good to be true... . 

Message 7 of 39
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

time to Pc Forward for what ?

>
Message 8 of 39
epicureanism
Contributor

It still has 5% for all restaurants, so no need to product change for me. 

Message 9 of 39
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@epicureanism wrote:

Yeah I know. I will not be surprised either. And actually 5% on restaurants is already too good to be true... . 

Yeah, OT but I sorta wished I'd picked up this card in my spree when I could've.  Just ran the numbers on my restaurant spend for the last year and it would've been something like $350 back assuming 1cpp.   Marginally from my Zync when it had the restaurant pack was $210 even.

Oh well, price I pay for being sloppy and trying to chase CLI's instead of rewards: $350 will never be the difference between my being broke and having food on the table, but looking at it from that perspective, I may be stupid: that was two nice bottles of scotch annually.  Hrm.

        
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.