Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi free EX FICO Score 8 for 90 days

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi free EX FICO Score 8 for 90 days

Think it might be legit.. Set APR on DC for me which I dont have with citi and the AA is range.  Terms was set APR and 9 months 0% APR for me on the DC.  Have two other citi cards currently.. This is an interesting development from Citi.  Have no interest in the DC card though and about ready to apply for a mortgage so no-no for me Smiley Happy

Also showing current score of 720 and 5 Experian inquiries in last year which is correct.

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

I am pretty sure the FICO score that citi offers to current card members is not a fico 8 score as the scale goes from 250 - 900. It is also from equifax, not experian.

The link isn't for just Citi customers but for anyone, similar to Discover's CreditScoreCard which is also not just for Discover customers.

Message 12 of 43
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jawbrkr wrote:

I am pretty sure the FICO score that citi offers to current card members is not a fico 8 score as the scale goes from 250 - 900. It is also from equifax, not experian.

If you are already a citi card holder it is a EQ 08 Bankcard enhanced score they give you with you CC.. I just signed up for this and it was a EXPERIAN 08 score 

Your FICO® Score 8 was calculated on 1/17/2018 based on your Experian credit report data.

You can update your score every 30 days

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Think it might be legit.. Set APR on DC for me which I dont have with citi and the AA is range.  Terms was set APR and 9 months 0% APR for me on the DC.  Have two other citi cards currently.. This is an interesting development from Citi.  Have no interest in the DC card though and about ready to apply for a mortgage so no-no for me Smiley Happy

Yep, too little too late for me.  2 months ago I'd have been jumping all over that for a 2% card but now it's just meh.  I value my Chase FU earning potential as 2.25% anyway (1.5% cashback now, but banking URs for future CSR redemption on travel).

I would like to get back in with Citi eventually.  Next month I'm working out an interesting mentorship possibility and the guy wants to fly me first class on AA, so I may eventually need an AA card if CSR redemption sucks.  But that's at least a year away or so, and CSR is still my priority.  Getting back in with Citi may let me aim for their best AA card, unless Barclay's is better; I haven't done the math/research.

Message 14 of 43
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.creditscore.citi.com/#/

Citi is offering a free EX FICO Score 8 (similar to Discover's free website) for 90 days here: https://www.creditscore.citi.com/#/

This is probably so Citi can get access to more scores with frozen profiles since you're allowing them access.  From the terms: "Citi will use your credit report information to identify credit card offers that you may be interested in based on information in your credit profile. Details regarding the privacy of your information are described in the Privacy Notice."

Interesting to see, but if you already are signed up for Credit Score Card or Credit Score's free monthly FICO 8 EX, make sure to offset this sign up by a week or two so you get 2 scores at different times of the month.

Gracias, I just signed up. I'll take it. Mid month check up. I have updates, 7th, 17th, 21st, 28th, 30th now, not including Credit Karma...jk.

Robot Very Happy

Message 15 of 43
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, here are my two "invitations" on the site...

Citi DC shows 9 months 0% APR and then 24.74% after:

citi double cash offer 01-17-18.png

AAdvantage Gold World Elite showing 25,000 miles for $750 spend in 3 months, annual fee $50 waived first 12 months, APR range of  17.24% - 25.24%:

aadvantage offer 01-17-2018.png

No preapproved wording anywhere so just a marketing ad it seems.

Does your text show the same?

Mine shows the exact same offers...same APR on the DC as well. Must just be marketing.

Message 16 of 43
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi is offering a free EX FICO Score 8 (similar to Discover's free website) for 90 days here: https://www.creditscore.citi.com/#/

This is probably so Citi can get access to more scores with frozen profiles since you're allowing them access.  From the terms: "Citi will use your credit report information to identify credit card offers that you may be interested in based on information in your credit profile. Details regarding the privacy of your information are described in the Privacy Notice."

Interesting to see, but if you already are signed up for Credit Score Card or Credit Score's free monthly FICO 8 EX, make sure to offset this sign up by a week or two so you get 2 scores at different times of the month.

I think this could be legit. This is what my blue-green box showed, which was nothing.  Not surprised either given my EXP report right now...Smiley Sad  Citi was IIB, and Im only 4 1/2 yrs post DC, plus BK shows on reports...

IMG_8241.JPG

Message 17 of 43
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this could be legit. This is what my blue-green box showed, which was nothing.  Not surprised either given my EXP report right now...Smiley Sad  Citi was IIB, and Im only 4 1/2 yrs post DC, plus BK shows on reports...

IMG_8241.JPG

So you think this is related to your BK and not your scores, my scores aren't any better. No BK though.

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're definitely tailored custom marketing offers, but if they're strong ones or not is anybody's guess.

I don't have any offers from Citibank if I use their prequalify page -- ever.  I did get 2 mailers 2 weeks apart in Dec/Jan from Citi but the wording on my mailers is more "invitation to apply" than "hey you're preapproved for sure" wording.  Now this one compared to what others have posted leads me to believe Citi is more likely to approve me for DC but honestly it just isn't worth it for me.  Too many better cards to snag and my goal for 4/24 by 6/19 is stronger.

The thing is, I could actually app for one more card before then and still get to 4/24 on 6/19 but there's nothing I'm interested in enough.  I'd LOVE a Sapphire product, and that's it.  I guess I would probably be happy for a different travel card (US Bank's card) but my TU is my weak link (unpaid tax lien reporting) so I don't feel the desire to burn an inquiry for a card that would only get use until Chase lets me in with Sapphire.

Citi DC, as I said in my previous comment, is easily 2 years away from being useful for me.  There are 3% card options I'd rather maximize!

But if anyone does apply through the site, please post your data points -- did you have any offers on Citi prequalify page, mailers, etc...

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

IMG_8241.JPG

Mine shows the same blue box as yours and I have a 2 1/2 year old BK.

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.