Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi gas card already reporting!

tag
Moes
Valued Member

Citi gas card already reporting!

I applied for Exxon mobile card last Sunday and was approved. I didn't get my card yet but got the SWA this morning about the new account. Hopefully responsible use will help me get approved for Citi card in the future. Any personal experiences are appreciated.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi gas card already reporting!

What credit line did they give you? Was it enough for a 1/2 tank of gas?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience with my new cards.  The Shell gas card I got was reporting shortly after I got the card.  My Citi Thank You, Discover and AMEX Zync still have not reported as of yet.  So I am still waiting for that hit on my score  Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 6
Moes
Valued Member

They gave me a $200 cl, I'll take it for now just to get in the door with Citi. I had a superamerica/ speed way gas card but they split up. There are only superamericas here in MN so that card is now useless because speedway issues them.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moes wrote:
They gave me a $200 cl, I'll take it for now just to get in the door with Citi. I had a superamerica/ speed way gas card but they split up. There are only superamericas here in MN so that card is now useless because speedway issues them.

That sounds like my BP gas card experience.  I get my BP card and the first time I use it they tell me that next week they are becoming an Exxon.  So the closest BP is now 50 miles away.  I keep the card and use it when I go on road trips just to keep my foot in the door with Chase and have some sort of internal history with them since they underwrite the BP card. 

Is it a good logic that we are following?  Well I doubt it hurts us...

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Moes wrote:

That sounds like my BP gas card experience.  I get my BP card and the first time I use it they tell me that next week they are becoming an Exxon.  So the closest BP is now 50 miles away.  I keep the card and use it when I go on road trips just to keep my foot in the door with Chase and have some sort of internal history with them since they underwrite the BP card. 

Is it a good logic that we are following?  Well I doubt it hurts us...

IMO, yes that's legitimate logic.  Any lender would like to see you doing business with them rather than not with them, and there's got to be some studies that they've done on current customer retention rates after denied a higher product.  Well perhaps not study, but you know they've run some datamining on their internal customer data to determine that, there's just too much money in the margins to be getting that question wrong, and if you have someone who's been a good customer so far, that's got to be a good indication for future performance regardless.

See the whole Amex prepaid card as an example of that... funny on that one too, I stopped using it and left some cash on the account, today I got an offer for a $25 gift card if I deposit another $200.  I guess they'd like me to continue using the card, go figure.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.