Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi hard pull !! damn

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Citi hard pull !! damn

I thought I would be clever and hit the luv button on citi cards website and bam.... hp and declined the cli due to not being eligable!! SOB !!! lol figured id share

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anarchy
New Contributor

Re: Citi hard pull !! damn

When was the last time you received an increase from them?

..and did you know your scores prior to hitting the Heart button?

Message 2 of 16
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

For me Citi has always been a hard pull..... I never noticed, and have 6 HPs on my report for CLIs.  Live and learn!

Message 3 of 16
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Wow....good to know.....I have a gas card with them and wanted a cli soon but I don't want a hp
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 4 of 16
swpopham
Established Contributor

I just got the card and paid my first statement of 2500 in full. and my scores should be right around 700 give or take anyday of the week

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 5 of 16
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I have never been lucky with a SP, they always HP me and then decline me Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 16
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Are you sure they did a HP? I requested one when my account wasn't eligible and they said they pulled EQ but never did. The letter I got stated that I was denied because my account wasn't eligible; it did not cite my credit report. I never got an alert from my monitoring service, and I pulled my monthly 3 in 1 credit report and there was no inquiry.

You may have escaped a HP. YMMV, of course.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 16
swpopham
Established Contributor

yea im sure, ive gotten the alert from amex, usaa, equifax, my fico, mpm and credit seseme.... and took at 18 point hit on credit karma!

Message 8 of 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

I thought I would be clever and hit the luv button on citi cards website and bam.... hp and declined the cli due to not being eligable!! SOB !!! lol figured id share

WOW a true YMMV moment

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 16
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hmm thats funny We have Sears MC which is issued by Citi and everytime we request CLI its a SP...... 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.