Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi has released the Dividend Card First Quarter (Q1) 5% categories

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Citi has released the Dividend Card First Quarter (Q1) 5% categories

According to Nerdwallet, from January 1st, 2013 to March 31st 2013 the 5% categories are:

Zappos.com, fitness clubs and drugstores.

Pretty lame if you ask me. Man Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi has released the Dividend Card First Quarter (Q1) 5% categories

@charyot77 wrote:

According to Nerdwallet, from January 1st, 2013 to March 31st 2013 the 5% categories are:

Zappos.com, fitness clubs and drugstores.

Pretty lame if you ask me. Man Frustrated

Smiley Surprised I see another PC away from this card.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

seems like dividends categories have been fairly lame for a couple years now. I guess with all the competition in that rotating 5% cards, they decided to go for more niche/obscure categories to be more complimentary rather than trying to compete head to head.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 3 of 7
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

seems like dividends categories have been fairly lame for a couple years now. I guess with all the competition in that rotating 5% cards, they decided to go for more niche/obscure categories to be more complimentary rather than trying to compete head to head.

Actually I was really happy with this quarter's 5% on electronics, toys, and department stores.  Overall though I'm not sure about the people handling the Dividend Card.

Rumor has it though that they will be lifting the $300 annual cap next year, so maybe something is in the works for later down the pipeline.
Message 4 of 7
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Yeah those are pretty lame.

If Citi does remove the 300 annual cap and offer the MC version then Citi might have me rethink them.  Right now, Chase Freedom seems to be better

Message 5 of 7
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I like the drugstores bit (but Chase Freedom has it that quarter too), but Zappos???

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 6 of 7
Kendro
Contributor

I thought about applying for this card since I already have a Discover More and Chase Freedom and wanted to have the 5% rotating trifecta.  I am starting to realize it is not worth it since Discover and Chase always have better categories.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.