cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi highest CL... what?

Valued Member

Citi highest CL... what?

So after my app spree I got a preapproval a few days after I went 5/5 on my cards. 0% 18 months BT citi diamond preferred. I called in and applied, instant approval for 500$ CL. I asked the credit analyst at the time to raise my limit since 500$ isn't much to do a BT with and she said I had to wait until I recieved the card. I recently started renting a place so I had to go through all the address changes and whatnot, and the card didn't arrive for almost 3 and a half weeks. As soon as I got it I registered my card, called the number on the back and spoke with a very polite CSR who submitted my request but couldn't give me an answer right now, but someone from citi would call me with an answer. After about 20 mins I check my account and voila, 2500$. My highest CL so far and I thought citi were sticklers.

TU: 675 EQ: 669 EX: 670 (All fico) Garden since 07/23/13

Goal: 700+


Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

RE

Congrats! Im surprised they called back that quickly

Message 2 of 8
Valued Member

Re: RE

Never received a call. I checked my account and saw I had 2500$ limit Smiley Happy

TU: 675 EQ: 669 EX: 670 (All fico) Garden since 07/23/13

Goal: 700+


Message 3 of 8
Senior Contributor

Re: RE


bmis42988 wrote:

Never received a call. I checked my account and saw I had 2500$ limit Smiley Happy


oops, looks like I misspoke. Either way, it was super quick. Good for you!

Message 4 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: RE

I've always had great service from Citi.  Alot on here don't like them, but they have been with me as my first credit card back in 1983/84'. Even back when my credit tanked, years ago, they never slashed my CL, in fact, kept increasing it. Though times have changed, and so has lending, but they've always been wonderful. I guess i should say this, since i used to work for them, lol

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: RE

Nice! Congratulations!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: RE


KIPPIE12 wrote:

I've always had great service from Citi.  Alot on here don't like them, but they have been with me as my first credit card back in 1983/84'. Even back when my credit tanked, years ago, they never slashed my CL, in fact, kept increasing it. Though times have changed, and so has lending, but they've always been wonderful. I guess i should say this, since i used to work for them, lol


They do seem pretty good (except when they shut down accounts!) but some of the more complex stuff seems to always cause issues.  I see you have the Premier.  Have flight points worked well for you?   Just got my statement, including:

 

VRN-VRN 0 miles

 

Well, yes, VRN-VRN is probably 0 miles, but needless to say, that wasn't the actual flight, which was VRN-BOS, about 3,500 miles.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: RE


longtimelurker wrote:

KIPPIE12 wrote:

I've always had great service from Citi.  Alot on here don't like them, but they have been with me as my first credit card back in 1983/84'. Even back when my credit tanked, years ago, they never slashed my CL, in fact, kept increasing it. Though times have changed, and so has lending, but they've always been wonderful. I guess i should say this, since i used to work for them, lol


They do seem pretty good (except when they shut down accounts!) but some of the more complex stuff seems to always cause issues.  I see you have the Premier.  Have flight points worked well for you?   Just got my statement, including:


LOL...True to form, Citi since it's early days has always been prone to "shot first, ask questions later."  More often than not, their propensity for overreaction has gotten them into legal trouble on more than a few occasions.  Unlike other issuers, Citi certainly doesn't subscribe to the "measured" and "surgical" response approach, but rather prefer a more sweeping approach.

 

My main issue with Citi is the rigidness of their policies, where unlike Chase or Amex, who can and will make exceptions when circumstances warrant it.

Message 8 of 8