Reply
Valued Member
bmis42988
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎12-12-2011
0

Citi highest CL... what?

So after my app spree I got a preapproval a few days after I went 5/5 on my cards. 0% 18 months BT citi diamond preferred. I called in and applied, instant approval for 500$ CL. I asked the credit analyst at the time to raise my limit since 500$ isn't much to do a BT with and she said I had to wait until I recieved the card. I recently started renting a place so I had to go through all the address changes and whatnot, and the card didn't arrive for almost 3 and a half weeks. As soon as I got it I registered my card, called the number on the back and spoke with a very polite CSR who submitted my request but couldn't give me an answer right now, but someone from citi would call me with an answer. After about 20 mins I check my account and voila, 2500$. My highest CL so far and I thought citi were sticklers.

TU: 675 EQ: 669 EX: 670 (All fico) Garden since 07/23/13

Goal: 700+


Community Leader
Valued Contributor
azguy13
Posts: 5,375
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

RE

Congrats! Im surprised they called back that quickly




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Valued Member
bmis42988
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎12-12-2011
0

Re: RE

Never received a call. I checked my account and saw I had 2500$ limit :smileyhappy:

TU: 675 EQ: 669 EX: 670 (All fico) Garden since 07/23/13

Goal: 700+


Community Leader
Valued Contributor
azguy13
Posts: 5,375
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: RE


bmis42988 wrote:

Never received a call. I checked my account and saw I had 2500$ limit :smileyhappy:


oops, looks like I misspoke. Either way, it was super quick. Good for you!




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Established Contributor
KIPPIE12
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎05-09-2009
0

Re: RE

I've always had great service from Citi.  Alot on here don't like them, but they have been with me as my first credit card back in 1983/84'. Even back when my credit tanked, years ago, they never slashed my CL, in fact, kept increasing it. Though times have changed, and so has lending, but they've always been wonderful. I guess i should say this, since i used to work for them, lol

Current Score: EQ: 781 TU: 798 EX: 802 (Fico) 8/13
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally


Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 10k

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover
Posts: 2,783
Registered: ‎03-14-2012
0

Re: RE

Nice! Congratulations!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 5,952
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: RE


KIPPIE12 wrote:

I've always had great service from Citi.  Alot on here don't like them, but they have been with me as my first credit card back in 1983/84'. Even back when my credit tanked, years ago, they never slashed my CL, in fact, kept increasing it. Though times have changed, and so has lending, but they've always been wonderful. I guess i should say this, since i used to work for them, lol


They do seem pretty good (except when they shut down accounts!) but some of the more complex stuff seems to always cause issues.  I see you have the Premier.  Have flight points worked well for you?   Just got my statement, including:

 

VRN-VRN 0 miles

 

Well, yes, VRN-VRN is probably 0 miles, but needless to say, that wasn't the actual flight, which was VRN-BOS, about 3,500 miles.

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 4,089
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: RE


longtimelurker wrote:

KIPPIE12 wrote:

I've always had great service from Citi.  Alot on here don't like them, but they have been with me as my first credit card back in 1983/84'. Even back when my credit tanked, years ago, they never slashed my CL, in fact, kept increasing it. Though times have changed, and so has lending, but they've always been wonderful. I guess i should say this, since i used to work for them, lol


They do seem pretty good (except when they shut down accounts!) but some of the more complex stuff seems to always cause issues.  I see you have the Premier.  Have flight points worked well for you?   Just got my statement, including:


LOL...True to form, Citi since it's early days has always been prone to "shot first, ask questions later."  More often than not, their propensity for overreaction has gotten them into legal trouble on more than a few occasions.  Unlike other issuers, Citi certainly doesn't subscribe to the "measured" and "surgical" response approach, but rather prefer a more sweeping approach.

 

My main issue with Citi is the rigidness of their policies, where unlike Chase or Amex, who can and will make exceptions when circumstances warrant it.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+