Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi hits my mail box!

tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Citi hits my mail box!

Today i opened my mail box and saw a stash of letters, i was surprized never seen this much of letters before. I found out Citi sent me 12 pre-qualified letters in one day! wow! I was pre-qualified for TY, TYP, SIMPLICITY, AA..etc.(this is what i remembered lazy to go thru the letters again). Before this Citi constantly send me letters every month. Anyone has this experience before?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi hits my mail box!

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Today i opened my mail box and saw a stash of letters, i was surprized never seen this much of letters before. I found out Citi sent me 12 pre-qualified letters in one day! wow! I was pre-qualified for TY, TYP, SIMPLICITY, AA..etc.(this is what i remembered lazy to go thru the letters again). Before this Citi constantly send me letters every month. Anyone has this experience before?

12? they want you bad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 22
eviLution
Established Contributor

I came home to 8 prequalified offers from Citi today too! Mostly duplicates of CDP, TYP, Simplicity, and AA.

This is the first time I seen a big stash from one lender in one day. LOL

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 3 of 22
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Funny you mention this. Today my younger brother calls me and says "I got 8 letters from Citi offering me a different card. What do I do? " My response, "Nothing. You are in the garden, but I guess Citi really wants you to get another card with them"  LOL 

Message 4 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Funny you mention this. Today my younger brother calls me and says "I got 8 letters from Citi offering me a different card. What do I do? " My response, "Nothing. You are in the garden, but I guess Citi really wants you to get another card with them"  LOL 

A gardening family I like thatSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 22
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

This happened to me today, too! They were all the prequalified offers on the Simplicity/TYP/and AA World Mastercard, all because I used their prequalified system on the citi website. Only three, though XD and they were in black-and-white, since they were only reiterating the offers I saw on-line. They just didn't want me to "forget", or have them "expire".

Shredded them right up, though Smiley Wink

Also got another nice Discover IT mailer...that was dutifully shredded as well!

Message 6 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@eviLution wrote:
I came home to 8 prequalified offers from Citi today too! Mostly duplicates of CDP, TYP, Simplicity, and AA.

This is the first time I seen a big stash from one lender in one day. LOL

My wife got 3.  It referenced her visit (really mine!) to the prequalification site, and following up with an offer that expires Oct 14.  The offers weren't the public ones, the TY Preferred was something like 7,500 TYP after $500, whereas I think the public is now 20,000 after $1,500.   It also didn't mention the new 2x categories.

(Yes, I look carefully in case a 5x EDS offer was hidden, but sadly no!)

Message 7 of 22
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

I get a preapproval for the Diamond Preferred every month, but today I also came home to 3 Citi preapprovals, all from my visit to their screening site. The APR offers were a lot nicer than the ones I see on the DP mailers I get. Those are usually 18.99% but these were 12.99, 14.99, and 15.24!

Still not leaving the garden, though. Can't irritate my new Barclays seedling!
TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 8 of 22
bribro
Valued Contributor

Citi has been bombarding me with offers as well. I find it comical that I get a 25k ThankYou card offered one day then a 10k offer the next for the exact same card, as if a lower offer would finally get me to pull the trigger hah.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 9 of 22
annebythesea
New Contributor

I got the same pre-qualified letters too today - 3 of them for the Thank You Preferred, AA Advantage and Simplicity. They are same terms others listed above (have until Oct 14 to respond blah blah blah) so I'm assuming we were all part of a huge mass mailing on Citi's part or something. They went instantly in the shredder, along with the pre-approved One Main Financial personal loan offer I also received today. Smiley Happy

(edited becaues I cannot spell)

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.