Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi inq was on EX instead of EQ, why?

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Citi inq was on EX instead of EQ, why?

I applied for citi aa exe yesterday and they pulled EX.  I just find is odd because they pulled EQ when I applied for my Prestige.

Not that it matters to me but I'm curious why it's different pulls.  I was hoping that it was EQ because amex and chase pulled EX.  Is it because it's a co-branded card?

Now I'm glad that my PRG was a free one, no pull from EX.  Chase pulled EX for my Ink CLI so now I have 2 pulls this year.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi inq was on EX instead of EQ, why?

@redpat wrote:

I applied for citi aa exe yesterday and they pulled EX.  I just find is odd because they pulled EQ when I applied for my Prestige.

Not that it matters to me but I'm curious why it's different pulls.  I was hoping that it was EQ because amex and chase pulled EX.  Is it because it's a co-branded card?

Now I'm glad that my PRG was a free one, no pull from EX.  Chase pulled EX for my Ink CLI so now I have 2 pulls this year.

FWIW, My Prestige was an EX pull and my old AA was a EQ pull. My DC card was a TU pull.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 3
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi inq was on EX instead of EQ, why?

Crap, the dreaded double pull, oh well it is what it is.

The strange thing is Prestige was a single pull.  Is it luck of the draw for a double?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.