Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi invitations

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Citi invitations

Hello everyone,

Citi keeps inviting me to apply for several of their cards (American Airlines and Diamond Preferred). 

I am really scared to apply because I have been rebuilding and gardening this year and have many inquiries on my CR due to search for a car loan which I did obtain. 

What does CITI look for?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi invitations

they dont like a lot of inquiries in short periods of time is what the csr's always told me. whenever i called in for recon they said i wouldve been approved but i have too many recent inquiries which is within 6 months to them. other than that i have no baddies, aaoa is 1.5 years, and 3 years total history

amazon
Message 2 of 7
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Thanks...I think I may wait because I don't want to waste an inquiry knowing that they are not keen about them within a short period of time. 

Does anyone know if Citi gives pre-approvals?

Message 3 of 7
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

yes they do thats how i apped for mine because ive been denied mutiple times in the past with them but i recently received a preapproval in the mail and apped through the invitation code and was shocked because i was instantly approved.

amazon
Message 4 of 7
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

I will try and wait for that because I keep receiving the invitations. 

Message 5 of 7
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

When you apply for an auto loan in a short time period fico counts that as only 1 inquiry.

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
meka1984
Regular Contributor

It only counts as 1 inquiry for scoring purposes.

However, when your credit is ran with multiple lenders each lender is shown on the credit report as a hard inquiry and it can potentially effect credit decisions.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.