Valued Member
Tracy727

Citi is full of it

I have fico's between 700-750 and got approved for discover and capital one. I applied and was denied for citi. Before I went on my app spree I only had 3 trade lines which only included 1 bank credit card. I got my citi letter today in the mail and it only gave one reason for denial --- "too many current bank cards " --- hello I only had 1 when I applied.  
Frequent Contributor
74king

Re: Citi is full of it

Tracy727 wrote:
I have fico's between 700-750 and got approved for discover and capital one. I applied and was denied for citi. Before I went on my app spree I only had 3 trade lines which only included 1 bank credit card. I got my citi letter today in the mail and it only gave one reason for denial --- "too many current bank cards " --- hello I only had 1 when I applied.  

You still breathing...:smileywink: It's gonna be ok...just apply for something else. You really must have wanted that Citi card bad. TryB of A Preapproval or RBS Platinum

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Regular Contributor
CHARGE_IT

Re: Citi is full of it

I believe that they are telling you that you have two or more "new" accounts and they see this as a possible sign of credit need. ( as is said here so often...."credit is extended to those who don't need it") This may seem converse, but it is and has always been true.

CI

Tracy727 wrote:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+