cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi is not making the best impression...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Citi is not making the best impression...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

As Red observed, this is likely an isolated incident, which can happen to any issuer.  The past 6 Citi apps, I've always received the card within the 7 -10 day time frame.

This isn't an isolated incident at all. As evidenced by several posts in this thread alone, Citi has been particularly sluggish (especially recently) in sending out new cards.

To that point, I was approved for the Double Cash on August 27th and did not receive it until September 11th, more than two weeks later. That said, I have been more than satisfied with every other aspect of Citi, especially that my lowly limit was issued as a WEMC (I think most DCs are being issued this way now).

What I meant by "isolated incident" is this quarter's production issue is unlikely to recur on a consistent basis, and that any Issuer could suffer a temprorary breakdown on manufacturing capacity.  

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

As Red observed, this is likely an isolated incident, which can happen to any issuer.  The past 6 Citi apps, I've always received the card within the 7 -10 day time frame.

This isn't an isolated incident at all. As evidenced by several posts in this thread alone, Citi has been particularly sluggish (especially recently) in sending out new cards.

To that point, I was approved for the Double Cash on August 27th and did not receive it until September 11th, more than two weeks later. That said, I have been more than satisfied with every other aspect of Citi, especially that my lowly limit was issued as a WEMC (I think most DCs are being issued this way now).

What I meant by "isolated incident" is this quarter's production issue is unlikely to recur on a consistent basis, and that any Issuer could suffer a temprorary breakdown on manufacturing capacity.  

Exactly.  We have seen other credit card issuers have problems delivering cards in a timely fashion so this temporary issue with Citi is not an indictment of them long term.  As others have said, I had no problems receiving my cards quickly from them.

Message 22 of 25
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe it was me you read about but I should clear up a couple things. I didnt call to complain. Politely stated the date on the letter had passed so was wondering if there was any updated shipping information available. Smiley Happy The rep checked for the ship date and immediately offered an extra 20 days at 0%. I never mentioned anything about being inconvenienced.

But for those of you who have been waiting quite awhile it doesnt hurt to see if you can receive the same. Im learning every lender has its quirks we have to put up with, slow shipping seems to be a Citi issue at the moment.

Thank you for the clarification. I will mention the long wait for the card and see what they do. Hoping it comes today. 

Message 23 of 25
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

CITI dont expedite their new cards unless it is a Prestige. It will take a solid 1 week for the card to arrive in the mail box.

Most banks say the same security reason as the reason for not being able to expedite new cards.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 24 of 25
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

CITI dont expedite their new cards unless it is a Prestige. It will take a solid 1 week for the card to arrive in the mail box.

Most banks say the same security reason as the reason for not being able to expedite new cards.

I'm at day 16 and counting for my card to arrive. No card of mine has ever taken this long to arrive. Usually 10 day max

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.