Did you mean: 

Citi is taking yet another step in effort to over take amex

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Citi is taking yet another step in effort to over take amex

@red259 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

If Citi really wants to compete with Amex, they should start with their customer service.  Perhaps it's just the Citi products I've had, but my expriences with their phone reps have been wildly inconsistent and spotty.  It is truly where they are lacking in comparison to Amex or Chase even. 

I have found citi customer service to be better than amex. I suppose it depends on the product. 

I don't know how amex customer service gets rated so highly all the time. I will always get sent out of US to CSR agents that just don't know what they are talking about. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 32
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

If Citi really wants to compete with Amex, they should start with their customer service.  Perhaps it's just the Citi products I've had, but my expriences with their phone reps have been wildly inconsistent and spotty.  It is truly where they are lacking in comparison to Amex or Chase even. 

I have found citi customer service to be better than amex. I suppose it depends on the product. 

I don't know how amex customer service gets rated so highly all the time. I will always get sent out of US to CSR agents that just don't know what they are talking about. 

Yes, with amex different cards clearly go to different call centers. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

Yes, with amex different cards clearly go to different call centers. 

i have 4 different cards with them and i always seem to get sent to india no matter if its BCE, PRG, EDP, or amex costco I guess plat is the only card that gets you decent cs . I think have been somewhat spoiled with CSP and Discover getting US based CSR every single time. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

All about that JPM Priority Services =]
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely wish they'd add SOMETHING for shopping....offers like Amex...bonus points like UR mall.....TY online shopping is pretty weak.

Message 25 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would definitely wish they'd add SOMETHING for shopping....offers like Amex...bonus points like UR mall.....TY online shopping is pretty weak.

They used to have the thankyou bonus center but it closed. 

Message 26 of 32
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

Come to think of it, I haven't had much stateside customer service from Amex.  I guess it really does depend on the product and perhaps I'm giving Amex too much credit here.  Now Discover on the other hand has consistent and stellar customer service that should be envied and copied by other banks!

Message 27 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They used to have the thankyou bonus center but it closed. 

Still is the Citi Bonus Cash Center for certain cards

Message 28 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Quick heads up. I just took a survey provided to me by the Citi Prestige Concierge, which did hint at Citi releasing an online concierge center at some point in the future. This would definitely be awesome as it means booking hotels without having to make 37 phone calls over a two week period =]
Message 29 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Quick heads up. I just took a survey provided to me by the Citi Prestige Concierge, which did hint at Citi releasing an online concierge center at some point in the future. This would definitely be awesome as it means booking hotels without having to make 37 phone calls over a two week period =]

This would be great, since I'll be trying the Prestige's 4th free night in a few months.  I prefer online, rather than making a series of phone calls.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.