Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi just won't give me a Apr Reduction

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Citi just won't give me a Apr Reduction

Been chatting them up via live chat for my DC card but they keep denying me saying I have the lowest APr already(17.99) -.-, any other ways to ask? Or they trying to hold me back CUs my double cash is credit line higher than the normal?

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated ...thanks

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi just won't give me a Apr Reduction

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Been chatting them up via live chat for my DC card but they keep denying me saying I have the lowest APr already(17.99) -.-, any other ways to ask? Or they trying to hold me back CUs my double cash is credit line higher than the normal?

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated ...thanks

LOL me too. They refuse to budge on my Thankyou Premier. I chatted with them several times, called the number on the back of the card and even went on to Twitter to have them contact me.

They finally told me it is because I have not been using my card regularly. Fair enough. I also suspect it is because my Thankyou Premier APR is based on LIBOR instead of Prime (it was an old AT&T Universal Card before I PCed it). 

If you use your DC regularly, I would call customer service; they might be able to review the account more in depth than the online chat reps. 

Message 2 of 5
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

$0 balance renders APR moot. If you need to carry balances, use better cards accordingly.

Message 3 of 5
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

$0 balance renders APR moot. If you need to carry balances, use better cards accordingly.

That's just the thing, though--there are users here who have gotten their Double Cash APRs down low enough to be competitive with a lot of CU card/Barlcays Ring APRs.  If I can get my DC's APR that low and I have a choice of putting an emergency expense on it and carrying  a balance vs the rewardless Ring, I'll take the DC every time.  

Then again, with no BT fee on the Ring, I suppose one could make big emergency purchases on whatever card rewards the most and then just transfer the balance to the Ring... if Barclays didn't seem to be so AA happy, I'd consider that strategy in a pinch.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 4 of 5
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@GeorgiaBulldog wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

That's just the thing, though--there are users here who have gotten their Double Cash APRs down low enough to be competitive with a lot of CU card/Barlcays Ring APRs.  If I can get my DC's APR that low and I have a choice of putting an emergency expense on it and carrying  a balance vs the rewardless Ring, I'll take the DC every time.  

Then again, with no BT fee on the Ring, I suppose one could make big emergency purchases on whatever card rewards the most and then just transfer the balance to the Ring... if Barclays didn't seem to be so AA happy, I'd consider that strategy in a pinch.

@I get that.  I have two non-rewards cards @ 7.99 fixed and 6.15% variable. They don't get used much.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.