Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi mail payments

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Citi mail payments

Is it just me or does Citi take a long time to post a payment that was mailed in? I had a small balance($5) on my DC and decided to mail in a payment and it still hasn't posted, I mailed it October 30. I want my DC to report a $0 balance, if I do another payment online just in case, will the mail payment be credited or mailed back?

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi mail payments

@Discover2016 wrote:

Is it just me or does Citi take a long time to post a payment that was mailed in? I had a small balance($5) on my DC and decided to mail in a payment and it still hasn't posted, I mailed it October 30. I want my DC to report a $0 balance, if I do another payment online just in case, will the mail payment be credited or mailed back?

It can also be attributed to the postal service and their closure of several mail processing centers.  

Message 2 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

they will credit it to your account

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What made you decide to mail in the payment vs paying online?
Message 4 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

lol - Trying to use the US Postal Service to get a card to report zero... Priceless Smiley Happy

Back in the days before you could pay online, my standard operating procedure was:as soon as each CC statement arrived in the mail, I would write the check for the payment and it would literally go out in the mail the next time I was anywhere near a mailbox, typically 2 days at the outside. That gave the Post Office 3 weeks to find the bank.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 6
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

LoL! The main reason I mailed it in was because I had a window envelope laying around with a stamp on it, I was like why not?Woman Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.