Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi mail pre qualified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi mail pre qualified

I keep getting mailers from Citi for the double rewards card with confirmation codes.  Is this a pretty good sign that I would be approved.  The letters say it isn't guaranteed I will be approved.  Just curious is all

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi mail pre qualified

Marketing. Try the prequalify online if you get a set % your chances are good. If they give a % range your chances drop considerably. I fell for that when I first started rebuilding and wasted 2 HPs. YMMV just my opinion.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, agree with coldnmn. Check the citi site and type in your name as it comes on mailer and see what pops up. Ive only received one mailer, had my name mispelled,( oh yeah Discover Smiley Wink ), and did this and showed same as mailer so i went for it snd got it. Proud day for me in that it was an actual bank card. The sl may not be great but its a good card. If you think it has a place in your new lineupSmiley Happy, lol , you might just get it out of the way. Just remember Citi is very fickle about lots of new accounts and inqs. Good luck if you decide to applySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah, agree with coldnmn. Check the citi site and type in your name as it comes on mailer and see what pops up. Ive only received one mailer, had my name mispelled,( oh yeah Discover Smiley Wink ), and did this and showed same as mailer so i went for it snd got it. Proud day for me in that it was an actual bank card. The sl may not be great but its a good card. If you think it has a place in your new lineupSmiley Happy, lol , you might just get it out of the way. Just remember Citi is very fickle about lots of new accounts and inqs. Good luck if you decide to applySmiley Happy

LOL you know me already.  It definitely has a place in my line up but I was honestly gonna wait.  So tempting though but the time isn't right.

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah go with your gut on this one. When you come out of the garden, you will be much better off and probably even get a better sl. Im gonna be stuck in $1200 purfatory vor awhile but its ok, i got my little Disco to light the way for the next year. Maybe they will get jealous my spend has shifted and entice me but if not ah well, ill just grow my Discover into a monster to eat Citi haha lol! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah go with your gut on this one. When you come out of the garden, you will be much better off and probably even get a better sl. Im gonna be stuck in $1200 purfatory vor awhile but its ok, i got my little Disco to light the way for the next year. Maybe they will get jealous my spend has shifted and entice me but if not ah well, ill just grow my Discover into a monster to eat Citi haha lol! Smiley Happy

Yeah I'm not gonna get that card right now.  I have too many good cards already and I don't need another 1k card which is probably what they'll approve me at.  Just got approved for a new loan on my truck from Navy Fed so my credit mix will be much better now and my scores should be awesome in another 6 months.  I'm sitting just above 700 now with TU and EQ.  EX is 650 ugghhh.  Play the waiting game now and work these cards and I should be fine.

Thanks for all the positive vibes AJC appreciate it

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No probls CeeZ ! Congrats on your truck loanSmiley Happy. Yeah, you did real good on your spree. I think getting a bunch of new cards is great but can have a downside as well, not just fico wise. With a bunch of new cards, you gotta try to put spend on them and sometimes that might spread you thin trying to give luv to all the kids on the block. I know many here may have that kind of spend but i for one dont. So this way , now you grow some history work on getting some sp clis and then when ready, get a couple new kids for the fam hahaSmiley Wink. Your TU and Eq look good you dont like your Ex, i dont like my Eq , its just takes too long to update and i dont know i guess the bk really holds that puppy back. The day that hits 700 im gonna hit up Penfed to get an increase on my baby $500 Promise until it becomes an I Do!!Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.