Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi military benefits

tag
lonewolf210
Established Member

Citi military benefits

So I was trying to find info on the SCRA and how different credit card companies apply and stumbled across this article Military CC Perks on ABC News. It says that several companies waive fees which I was aware of, but it says citi also gives military members a 0% APR.   Anyone know if this is true I almost never carry a balance over on my cards between months but it would be pretty awesome to have a card with 0% interest. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lonewolf210
Established Member

Re: Citi military benefits

Anyone? Itried calling but couldn't find anyone that knew anything about it

Message 2 of 8
Scott90
Contributor

The SCRA is for debt incurred PRIOR to joining the military. However many companies will keep the APR lowered during your duration in. Chase and capital one both set the APR at 4% but you have to have the card prior to when you joined and there has to be some kind of balance to be considered debt.

Message 3 of 8
lonewolf210
Established Member

Right but American Express goes beyond that and waives all fees even if you open an account after joining. I was wondering if citibank did the same thing

Message 4 of 8
Scott90
Contributor

Ah okay I see. I do not have any experience with Citi. Maybe give them a call and ask? If you find out please come back and share.
Message 5 of 8
lonewolf210
Established Member

Well looks like its been confirmed

Now I just need to figure out which citi card I should get. thinking about the prestige or th hhonors

Message 6 of 8
R2Recovery
Established Member

I just tried Citi.  No luck.  Did not have any debt with them prior to entering service.  Had NO cards prior to enterign service, but Chase refunded my annual fees on 3 cards, and dropped int rate to 4%.  Still waiting on Amex to verify my service.  I'm active Army and currently deployed.

Message 7 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Citi does not waive the AF for Citi Prestige or Citi A/Advantage Executive or Citi Chairman, etc. There's a thread of someone crying because he applied for a $450 card, got 100,000 bonus miles plus $200 credit and demanded Citi waive his $450 fee because he's deployed.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.