Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi mtvU becoming Citi Forward

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi mtvU becoming Citi Forward

Didn't see this posted here but I just got a notice in the mail that Citi's mtvU student card is being discontinued and converted to Citi Forward cards, which is ironic bc I was denied a Forward card a few months back.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi mtvU becoming Citi Forward

I got this in the mail today too. I don't mind it at all. Although I'm not a huge fan of the how the card looks. 

I hope to PC my other Citi cards into the Citi Forward card and the Thank You program. The other rewards program I have with them isn't so great. 

Can you combine Citi cards?

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know about combining, I assume you can. I didn't realize they had another program different from Thank You rewards.
Message 3 of 7
lovely222
Regular Contributor

I have the Diamond Preferred and Platinum Select. They both have the Extra Cash program which is terrible. "Members savings" but you still have to pay for rewards. Terrible. 

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 4 of 7
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

I got the letter too and I'm actually kind of sad about it as it means no more points for good grades... On a funny side note, this now means I will have not one, not two, but three Citi Forward cards! (There's a story behind that of course...)

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FantumGrey wrote:

I got the letter too and I'm actually kind of sad about it as it means no more points for good grades... On a funny side note, this now means I will have not one, not two, but three Citi Forward cards! (There's a story behind that of course...)

You've piqued my interest! I've gotta ask...how do you have 3 Citi Forward cards?

Message 6 of 7
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You've piqued my interest! I've gotta ask...how do you have 3 Citi Forward cards?

I got the mtvU card back in 2007 and liked the categories on it so when the Forward first came out  around 2009, I figured I'd go for it as it had the same point scheme as the mtvU, it just wasn't (at the time) a student card plus they had a bonus deal going on where you got 6,000 points if you spent $500 or so during the first 3 months and another 5,000 points if you went paperless or something like that. So I go online, and sign up for a nice green Citi Forward card...only the page timed out right in the middle of the submission process and gave an error...so I went back and did it all over again. About ten days later, I get two envelopes from Citibank, each one containing a brand new Citi Forward card with a different account number and a CL of $6,000. Of course I thought about cancelling the extra card, but then I realized how great it was for utilization and opted to keep both (as I was afraid they'd lower my limit if I tried to combine them... Fast forward 2.5 years and I still have both cards and the CL has nearly doubled on both ($11.9k and $11.4k) making them my two highest limit cards. The best part about accidentally getting the two cards at the same time is that because they were two separate accounts, I got the 11,000 point sign up bonus for both of them. Now with the conversion of the mtvU card, I'll have a third Forward in my stable.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.