Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi no longer doing online CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi no longer doing online CLI?

Anyone else getting a message that CLI request can't be processed and to call in? Luv button remains visible afterwards.

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi no longer doing online CLI?

Other members here have reported that. 

Apparently, Citi is asking for verbal income verification for CLI requests.  I don't know if this is happening to all folks, or just some.

Somebody else will chime in here pretty quickly for you, I think.

Message 2 of 17
bhall
Established Member

I have had a Citi Platinum Select card for Oct. 2006. I have had a $2600 credit limit since the account was opened and have not gotten in increase. All of my other cards have been getting CLI's, some requested and some automatic. In Nov. 2009, I requested a credit limit increase. All of my fico scores were over 760 at that time. They declined my request due to an account that was charged off in 1992 and included and discharged in a bankruptcy in Oct. 1995!  Apparantly they still have this account in their records. My question is, if they were going to hold this against me, why would they even issue me my current card as a pre approved offer in the first place? On top of that, I have been very diligent in paying not only Citi, but all of my accounts on time. I addition , I applied for a personal line of credit with Citi in June of 2009 and was approved for $5000.00 although, I did not accept the offer. I also have a checking and savings account with Citi with $1500+ in my savings. The Citi representative said I would have to contact my bankruptcy attorney to show proof that the account was included in the bankruptcy! That was 14 years ago! The old account is no longer on my credit reports.

My first thought was to tell Citi to **** off and close all of my accounts with them but I don't want to screw up my credit.

What do you think I should do?

Message 3 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@bhall wrote:

I have had a Citi Platinum Select card for Oct. 2006. I have had a $2600 credit limit since the account was opened and have not gotten in increase. All of my other cards have been getting CLI's, some requested and some automatic. In Nov. 2009, I requested a credit limit increase. All of my fico scores were over 760 at that time. They declined my request due to an account that was charged off in 1992 and included and discharged in a bankruptcy in Oct. 1995!  Apparantly they still have this account in their records. My question is, if they were going to hold this against me, why would they even issue me my current card as a pre approved offer in the first place? On top of that, I have been very diligent in paying not only Citi, but all of my accounts on time. I addition , I applied for a personal line of credit with Citi in June of 2009 and was approved for $5000.00 although, I did not accept the offer. I also have a checking and savings account with Citi with $1500+ in my savings. The Citi representative said I would have to contact my bankruptcy attorney to show proof that the account was included in the bankruptcy! That was 14 years ago! The old account is no longer on my credit reports.

My first thought was to tell Citi to **** off and close all of my accounts with them but I don't want to screw up my credit.

What do you think I should do?

Use it enough to keep it open. I don't know how closing this card would damage you so that's all I can say. You should be able to show the account in question IIB. Even if you can show that I would bet they hit you with a hard inwuiry for who knows what kind of CLI. Is this your only Citi CC?

Message 4 of 17
bhall
Established Member

Yes, it is my only Citi CC account. My average revolving credit history is 4 years because I waited to rebuild my credit until after the bankruptcy came off my credit report. But I don't carry a balance, so if i did close it, it would affect my utilization. I guess I don't really need a credit limit increase, its just the principal of it. 

Message 5 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

How many other credit cards do you have and what are the total limits if I might ask? Nothing personal about what Citi is doing but I know how you feel.

Message 6 of 17
bhall
Established Member

Open accounts

Citi  $2600

Chase  $1200

Capital One $3500

Juniper(Barclay's) $ 3950

Amex One Card  No Pre set spending limit

Discover  $8000

2 installment (car loans) 1 open 1 closed

7 closed accounts 

Message 7 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Unless you are a big charger every month you should be fine. Looks pretty good to me.

Message 8 of 17
bhall
Established Member

Thanks.

I wll probably wait until the 1 inquiry drops off from the Discover account, then open a new account, hopefully with a higher CL and then close the Citi account.

Message 9 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@bhall wrote:

Thanks.

I wll probably wait until the 1 inquiry drops off from the Discover account, then open a new account, hopefully with a higher CL and then close the Citi account.

Really no reason to close anything. I would rather keep the Citi card and close Juniper if I wanted to close any of those cards. How many different people did you talk to at Citi about that old account they seem stuck on from your BK? As far as a new account have you thought about a good credit union card?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.